Shortcode to subscribe non users and enroll users

I need some help with shortocdes and custom pages in CoursePress Pro

I created my onw page /our-courses to display a list of courses

I am using Divi btw. So my plan was to use Divi to keep the pages looking consistent and then inject the shortocdes to run courses

Thus, I created Dashboard and Signup Pages and used shortcodes

I can ask you to tell me what shortcode do I use so that a non registered user can sign up and enroll and a registered user can enroll.

I am using:

[course show="image, title, summary, ,enrollment_dates, enrollment_type,cost,instructors,video," course_id="XXX"]

[course_signup]

I have also tried this

[course show="title,summary,cost,button" course_id="XXX"]

In both cases after I signup using the form it opens the same form page and shows “Username already exists. Please choose another one.”

When I checked in the Admin > Users section it shows the user as subscribed.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Phil,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I tested further in your system, and could notice the issue with signup, and could see the message “Username already exists. Please choose another one”.

I tested in my local server with a similar setup, and I wasn’t able to replicate, it works fine with registering a new user.

This looks more like a conflict. Since I don’t see you mention about performing a plugin conflict test, and since it’s a live site, is it possible to disable plugins in your subsite, and see how that goes?

I haven’t performed that yet, as it’s a live site, please do let us know whether you are comfortable with us running a conflict test, as seen in this flowchart:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Support-Process-Support-Process.gif

So that it would give a better idea where the issue is located. Please do let us know. Have a great day ahead. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Phil,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Thanks for creating a test clone site, that was helpful. On troubleshooting this further, I could notice that the shortcode works fine when Membership 2 Pro plugin was disabled.

I tried to replicate this in my system, but it worked fine with CoursePress 2 Pro, and Membership 2 Pro plugin enabled.

This is an odd behaviour. I don’t see any console error, or any specific conflicts in the system that could be making the site to behave like this. I’m bringing this into our Second Level Support(SLS) teams attention to see what exactly is causing this, between both the plugins, and check what could be the solution regarding this.

Please do note that SLS work on many critical issue, and hence have a slow response time. We’ll get back to you once we have troubleshooted this extensively.

Regards,

Nithin

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi Phil ,

I couldn’t replicate this issue on my site either so I’d need to check this on your site. I tried to have a look on the platinumtest and noticed that this happens only at the signup page but I could register fine from the popup that appears after clicking on the enrollment button.

I would ftp access to have a closer look though. You can send ftp creds privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Send in:Subject: “Attn: Panos Lyrakis”

– Admin login:

Admin username

Admin password

Login url

– FTP credentials

host

username

password

(and port if required)

– link back to this thread for reference

Kind regards!

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi Phil ,

Thanks for sending that in. I am not able to use the debug.log file, after enabling error logging in the wp-config.php file, so I’m not able to debug this issue. I believe this is disabled by your host. Could either make a staging site where you can replicate this and error logging is active, or, ask from your host to activate error logging?

Thanks!

• Panos
    • SLS

Thanks for that Phil !

The ftp user doesn’t have permissions to modify files, however I noticed that for some reason the form is being submited 2 times, and that is why it shows that the user exists. The first time the user is created, and the second time it tries again to create the same user who exists already.

I couldn’t further debug why the form is being submited twice. As a workaround, I have prepared a mu-plugin:

https://gist.github.com/wpmudev-sls/5c02b56fb7f9d28b01d8afc5f574dc4b

that doesn’t submit the form, instead it uses ajax for user registration. I have added that as a mu-plugin in your site :

wp-content/mu-plugins/cp_ajax_usersignup.php

I tested it and seems to be working without issues. Please give it a try and let us know how it goes on your side.

Kind regards!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.