Shortcode translation to URL? Is this possible?

Greetings! I will shortly be setting up a rather complex store with over 3000 images. As the images will have multiple categories and tags, I was wondering if there was a way to translate shortcodes into URL's, so I can create, for example, a link to images with children or a link to images in a specific location, etc – that would pull that specific content into a 'single.php' p

• aecnu

Greetings camparoo,

Thank you for this great question!

I was wondering if there was a way to translate shortcodes into URL's?

This is not possible at all that I am aware of due to the shortcode does not just render a URL, it renders a whole set of coding as it was designed to do.

As the images will have multiple categories and tags.

Images that are in the media library can be used as many times as you want.

so I can create, for example, a link to images with children or a link to images in a specific location, etc – that would pull that specific content into a 'single.php'

Sorry but you totally lost me on this one, could you please rephrase?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• camparoo

Thanks Joe, actually, no further explanation is necessary. The info you have already provided makes it quite clear that being lazy (or, perhaps attempting efficiency is kind of the word I am going for) is not possible for what I seek to do.

Silly question, but is there a limit to the number of pages and/or products a WP site and Marketpress can offer?

Wheee!

Thanks for your time.

• camparoo

I am such a goof! This was so easy to fix, I should be flogged for asking stupid questions.

So, I set up my search results page to show a featured product image and a blurb about the product. I named my products with descriptive titles. Then I did a search for items using some of the descriptive keywords I used in the product titles. I saved the link this search created, and added it to a new Blogroll. After I had a list of blogroll search url's, I added this blogroll to the site in the sidebar as additional navigation for the store.

So, I am populating my own search page with the products I want in one grouping. Instead of having to create a new page for each topic, my search function is doing it for me. Etch....

If I had a brain I'd be dangerous ;o)

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.