Shortcodes and the Protected content message

I'm having massive problems! I have spent about 6 hours trying to get my content to be protected and to allow a user to log in on a protected page they are trying to access if they have not yet logged in. Under the Content protection tab, I don't see any of short codes listed (like in page 23 of the manual). I have already created 4 membership level types and the related short codes don't show up. My real problem is that I can't use shortcodes in the Protected content message box. If I was able to use shortcodes, I could use a log in form from the Theme My Login plugin (which I have to use due to the limitations of the membership plugin). Can someone please help!

• aecnu

Greetings shirtandsimple,

Sorry to see that the fight goes on with your WordPress installation and the Membership plugin.

I have spent about 6 hours trying to get my content to be protected and to allow a user to log in on a protected page they are trying to access if they have not yet logged in.

If they have not yet logged in they cannot be sent to a protected page. Please think about that very statement.

Under the Content protection tab, I don't see any of short codes listed (like in page 23 of the manual).

You are absolutely correct and sorry for the confusion. That listing was deprecated with the last version. However those very same shortcodes exist by being logged into the admin dashboard and going to Membership --> Access Levels --> shown on the right side of each given level.

My real problem is that I can't use shortcodes in the Protected content message box.

Logged into the admin dashboard go to Membership --> Options --> Content Protection Tab --> Admin Only Shortcodes and add your shortcode there which adds them to the shortcode rules and quote: Sometimes plugins create custom shortcodes but only register them in the public part of your site. This means that the Membership plugin admin interface will not be able to show them in the Shortcode rule.

If you find that a shortcode you want to protect is missing from the shortcode rule, then you can add it here.

Let me know if that does the job for us.

Cheers, Joe

• Tyler Postle

Hey shirtandsimple!

Just in-case you haven't already heard, I'm going over some past related posts to let you know we've released a brand new powerful, super easy to use membership plugin. Offering a different approach and logic when compared to our already existing feature packed Membership plugin.

Check out the full details here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/protected-content/

Protecting content has never been easier :slight_smile:

If you have any questions we are more than happy to help! https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Have a great rest of your day.

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.