shortcodes are not respected in the newest Membership 2.1.2 upgrade?

Dear friends,
after last Membership plugin upgrade there is a problem with Content rules - Shortcodes. Settings are not respected and it generates problems with other plugin w3FlowShield for video streaming of AWS files. It worked in older versions of your Membership plugin and now it does not work at all.

Results are following: WP administrators can run video without a problem. Members of your Membership plugin cannot run any video if the Membership plugin is enabled. If membership plugin is disabled, everything is ok:slight_smile:

The problem really is somewhere in your Membership plugin settings. It worked in older version Membership plugin, but after upgrade to the latest version it stopped to work.

Nice guy from their s3FlowShield plugin support is ready to participate at small virtual (Skype?) meeting with you and we can find a solution together 3 of us.

It is very critical to me (my site is blocked for three days already), pls can we meet together today? When?

Thanks a lot,
Martin

• Mason

Hiya Martin,

If you take a look at the membership files, you'll see an addon for gravity forms, contact form7, and wp-audio. All of these addons are essentially the same and keep Membership from conflicting with the other plugins' shortcodes.

All you need to do is copy one of these files and change it to unqiuely target the shotcodes created by w3FlowShield and you should be fine.

As to the membership shortcodes, we haven't had any reports of issues with this. How is your setup? To disable content by default? Let us know.

Thanks!

• Martin

Hi Mason,
    I spent looong days by solving problems with your Membership plugin vs AWS files video streaming. The plugin is not stabile and its upgrade generates more bugs. If I use positive rules for pages, all video are not playable.
    The only functional way is that I use the negative rules for pages and just then video runs,

I cannot clone access levels (then videos are out of function again), I have to generate every access level manually, so it so laborious:slight_frown:. And some access level settings have still strange behaviour.

Thanks,
    Martin

• Martin

Hi Mason,
    there is a serious problem with Membership plugin last version. I spent all week with solving issues:slight_frown:(( Yesterday I even started my WP standard from the total scratch (from zero point, totally new installation of WP and all plugins and new setting of my Membership levels and everything). And my problems are still the same...

Managing pages for access levels does not work with shorcodes correctly. In my case S3VIDEO shortcode for AWS files video streaming work just in case I use negative rules for pages. And then still restrictive pages rules are not respected. I have more modules and now every access level can see everything (Pages settings are not respected)... Access levels with restricted menu rights are totally strange (Menus are not respected).

Would you be so kind to check it and help me? I am sending you access info by your contact form.

Thanks a lot,
    Martin

• Martin

Hi Mason,
    it is quite difficult to explain very strange and unpredictable your plugin behaviour.
    I prepared 4 test access levels at my site, where you can check the status:

1) TEST 1 - NO PAGES in positive rules, everything works, everyone can see everything (this is a problem, because it is a membership site with restricted access levels), shortcodes works

2) TEST 2 - PAGES in positive rules, SOMETIMES nothing works, user cannot access anything, just Protected content page. VERY OFTEN user can access site, but videos are not playable (there is a conflict PAGES vs shortcode S3VIDEO), access rules for Pages are respected

3) TEST 3 - NO shortcode in rules (including S3VIDEO), NO videos are displayed, Positive Rules for Pages are respected

4) TEST 4 - PAGES in negative rules, SOMETIMES nothing works, user cannot access anything, just Protected content page. VERY OFTEN user can access site, videos are playable, access rules for Pages are not respected, user can access all pages even without corresponding access rights

I think the best way is to have a virtual meeting together and I will show you exactly, what is a problem.

Thanks,
    Martin

• Mason

Hiya Martin,

While we don't have the ability to setup a virtual meeting (yet) we do have live support chats where this might be easier to support. I run one myself every Tuesday at 10AM EST and Barry, the developer of Membership plugin runs one every Friday at 10AM EST.

See here for more details: https://premium.wpmudev.org/live-support/

I'd also recommend upgrading to the latest version as we've modified the rules procedures quite a bit (all in the background but should process rules better). As I said in my first response though, membership will work with shortcodes, but you'll need to create an add-on nearly identical to the gravity forms, wp-audio, and contact form 7 ones already included.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.