Shortcodes for Affiliate plugin to work with eNewsletter and Automessage

Hey

on my site, I'm offering an affiliate program for my mentorship program, to be delivered via BuddyPress community participation on http://harounkola.com

I'd like to communicate affiliate related information to the people who sign up, and need to insert each user's affiliate code into the email system.

How can I do this please..
Thanks
Haroun

• Kimberly

Haroun,

Hi there and Thanks for using WPMUdev forums!

Are you talking about something like this:

%affiliatecode% in email would be translated into the affilliate's code?

The only shortcodes available with affiliate are those within the plugin.

What you are asking for would require custom coding. Perhaps you can provide a link to a page with the affiliate shortcodes where they can view the information.

Plugin Installation and Use Instructions

For help with installing plugins please see our Plugin installation guide

Once the Affiliates plugin has been installed, log into your WordPress Admin Panel, visit Network Admin » Plugins and Network Activate the plugin.
    Getting Started

Once installed, navigate to Dashboard » Affiliates for Single WordPress sites, or Network Admin » Dashboard » Affiliates for Multisite WordPress installations, and there you can configure the settings to suit your needs, manage your affiliates, and view reports.

Once on the Affiliate System Administration Panel, you will see 4 option below the heading.
    These are:

Affiliate reports
    Manage affiliates
    Affiliate settings
    Manage add-ons

Affiliate reports
    Here you have the option of exporting payments and marking transactions as paid.

Manage affiliates
    Here you can search through the affiliate users to pull up reports on each affiliate and their performance.

Underneath the affiliate's username you will be able to click on 'Manage Affiliate' which will pull up the reports for the affiliate.

In the reporting module you would also be able to debit and credit the user account, and set payment on account.

Affiliate settings

Here you have 3 options:

Column settings
    Profile page text
    Banner settings

Manage add-ons

You have the following add-ons available:

Directory add-on
    Membership add-on
    Supporter add-on

Affiliate Cookie Days

To set the amount of days that you want affiliate tracking to take place, you can do so by adding the following code to your wp-config.php file within your root WordPress install.

define('AFFILIATE_COOKIE_DAYS',45);

Shortcodes

Besides full access to the Affiliates Plugin features in the Admin Panel, you can use any of the following shortcodes within your posts or pages to provide front-end access as well.

[affiliatelogincheck] - place this at the top of the page that you are planning on using the rest of the shortcodes on and it will display a login message if the user isn't logged in.

[affiliateuserdetails] - mirrors the affiliate details form from the admin area (yellow box)

[affiliatestatstable] - mirrors the large click statistics table

[affiliatevisitstable] - mirrors the referrers this month table

[affiliatetopvisitstable] - mirrors the top referrers table

[affiliatestatschart] - mirrors the main statistics charts

[affiliatevisitschart] - mirrors the referrers charts
    If the user isn't logged in then none of the shortcodes will output anything (except for the top one).

Best,

Kimberly

• harounkola

Hi Kimberly

Are you talking about something like this:
    %affiliatecode% in email would be translated into the affilliate's code?
    The only shortcodes available with affiliate are those within the plugin.
    What you are asking for would require custom coding. Perhaps you can provide a link to a page with the affiliate shortcodes where they can view the information.

This is exactly what I'm looking for, and would it be possible to include in a future release of either of the plugins, it seems like such an obvious integration to have, to automate the entire affiliate process.

I could do it with links to a page on my site, but I've been involved with launches before, where the swipe examples are included in the jv emails to me, and I've seen the value of them enough to know that I'd love to have them for my own system.

Thanks for the info on activating the affiliate plugin, I've got it kinda working, though my issue on a previous forum post is still outstanding,
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/affiliate-sign-up-using-the-membership-module

I see that its an issue that's to do with Membership RC2, if you read jcnjr's comment on
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership-30-rc2

And my comment there just after.
    Thanks again
    Haroun

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.