Shortcodes in the Unit Section don't work

We cannot render PDF's on the CoursePress plugin, when we create a normal post, it's possible, but not within the plugin.
When we add a shortcode to the Unit Section it displays the shortcode itself and doesn't render it.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello M.

I'm afraid that I don't have a workaround at this moment but our developers are looking into it. I believe they'll be able to sort that out soon so please make sure that you keep plugin up to date.

As for your other question. Could you please specify it a bit more? I'm not sure what do you mean exactly by "integrate PDF option to the other options like image, video, audio, etc"...

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello M.

Thank you for the explanation.

Inserting PDF like this into the course - in a way that it would be automatically rendered inside the page - would require additional libraries and code. Normally, a PDF file URL would be put in content and opening that link would cause browser to render PDF but here we'd need to basically include some sort of PDF viewer into the plugin.

That is doable but it would be a new feature. Please feel free to start a new ticket in our "Features & Feedback" forum section as a feature request and if more Members of our Community will vote for it, our developers might implement it in one of the future version. You certainly got my vote already, though :wink:

As for the main issue. It seems to be more of a "general shortcode" problem rather than related to PDFs only and on the other hand - also limited to the CoursePress theme. Our developers are still looking into it.

A workaround worth giving a try would be to go to course settings ("CoursePress -> Courses -> [Edit] ") and inside "Course Details" section switch "View Mode" option from "Normal: Show full unit pages" to "Focus: Focus on one item at a time". That seems to help in most cases but you'd need to try that. In case it doesn't help, the setting can be reverted and it wouldn't affect course itself (it only changes the way the course "steps" are presented to the student).

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.