Shortcodes not working in PopUp Plugin since update

I have a contact form 7 shortcode that I was using in my popup. Since the update to the plugin, the shortcode isn't displaying the form, it's only displaying:

[contact-form-7 id="7399" title="Survey Form Pop Up"]

Help is appreciated!

Thank you!

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi, JMG!

I just tested this in two of my sites. Mine are both fairly fresh installs, but I did see a couple of hiccups the first time I tried to access Pop Up after the update. Can you go into your dash and resave the settings for Pop UP and see if this issue persists?

It might just need a little nudge in the right direction to work properly again.

Thanks for writing in!

• JMG Systems
      • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Michelle,

I've done what you mentioned, and it is still displaying the shortcode for the contact form.. and not the contact form... I've disabled it for now to that my site visitors don't see this.... did you have a contact form 7 shortcode on the popups you were testing on your site?

• Amanda
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I'm having that trouble with a shortcode as well :slight_frown: but not a contact form 7 shortcode.

I went in the settings page, and changed the popup loading method to all four different options and didn't change. The shortcode still appears in the popup instead of the content.

The only way I can get this to work, is if the shortcode is on the page that the popup is on. I assume this is because the shortcode is already loaded on the page before the popup appears?

Thanks

• Philipp Stracker
    • The Crimson Coder

Hey people,

First step: Please go to your PopUp > Settings page. There you will find a section called "Shortcodes". In there you will see a list of all available shortcodes and where they can be used.

Important point is: Some shortcodes (including the contact-form-7 shortcode) will only work when loading method is set to "Page Footer" and "Custom Ajax".

This is a technical restriction we cannot bypass easily. However, we have contacted the contact-form-7 people and hope to find a solution for this in the future.

For now we ask you to use either the "Page Footer" or "Custom Ajax" loading methods in the Settings page to load the Pop-ups!

Thanks, Philipp

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.