shortcodes with Membership plugin

Hi

I am setting up membership for the first time and I'm having a bit of trouble with shortcodes. When I paste in [accountform] or [renewform] in to a page on my site, these forms should be viewable right? Im logged out when trying to view and no joy. shortcode [subscriptionform] is working and viewable on the sign up page I created. Am I missing a step in the process here?

Do these forms already exist in the plugin files or do I need to create them first and if so do I create them in Contact Form 7 or similar?

Is there a video tutorial that I can view on setting up Membership?

I'm ok with restricting content using shortcodes I create in "options", its the shortcode for subscription levels and subscription upgrades I'm having trouble getting my head around.

Any help is mucho apreciatedo.

• DavidM

Hi larrym,

Those forms would actually be properly visible to users on your site. As Admin (or Super Admin), you would see the site without any restrictions/rules in place and generally you might see shortcodes unrendered when Membership is active.

Could you try viewing the site with a logged out user or a member on your site?

Also, videos are in the plans and we're working on making everything clearer for setup and configuration purposes. For the moment though, if you'll just let us know any specifics you have questions on we'll see how we can help here in the forums.

Thanks,
    David

• Mason

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks