Should I buy MarketPress?

I am constructing a WP site for a new client. They have multiple (500+) audio recordings of speakers at events. They want to sell CD's (that would be shipped) and MP3 files (downloadable after successful receipt of payment) through a PayPal gateway. Can MarketPress handle this easily?

I don't want to be too complicated, but the combination of downloadable (after payment) MP3s and CD's for shipping seems to be outside the realm of some of the other plugins.

Thanks for your feedback

Chris

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hello Chris,

MarketPress can do exactly what you asked for. It has Digital downloads as a feature and is taken care of automatically upon payment.

Plus all the normal e-commerce features exist, like shipping rates, taxes and stuff like that. Why don't you give the lite version a test? https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce-lite

btw, IMO, if you are working with clients, it would be a good idea to upgrade to a Full membership. Having the right tools will help you bid on projects and give your client lots of options :slight_smile:

If you wish to upgrade, you can do so on the subscription page: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-admin/users.php?page=subscription

Good luck!

• diverchrisfl
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Arun, I'm interested in the development membership, but unclear what the advantage is besides "access" to 300+ plugins.

As I understand my current membership, I've got the plugin I purchased plus free support for a year. Would I get any better support plan than these forums if I upgraded?>

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hi diverchrisfl,

Access to all the products is the primary advantage. The cost per product goes down massively when you go for a Full Membership instead of a single membership.

Right now, all API limits are the same for all membership plans, but soon there will be clear distinction on API access limits (esp for Video Tutorials, the Anti Splog plugin and so on that uses the API).

Btw, Support isn't free, you have paid for that in advance. Its part of the package :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.