should i even use pagebuilders / visuel composers in wordpress?

I bought an theme and it has his own pagebuilder. No if change thems i have i problem.

Somebody told my only to use themes that allow you to use visuel composer from wpbakery (http://codecanyon.net/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&order_by=sales&term=+Visual+Composer&page=1).

In that case i could easy change to other themes without getting in trouble with shortcuts that don't work anymore.

Is this true? May somebody has some advice on this?

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Jeroen!

I agree that themes with their own page builders (as well as their own way of handling post formats, shortcodes, and more) can end up being a problem, because you're locked into that theme unless you want to go back through however many posts and pages you have and redo everything. Nobody wants to do that. : )

Visual Composer has a lot of pluses. I use it on some of my sites, and I do like that any feature I make will last through my themes. At the same time, I do like to advise site owners to at least have a general understanding of how styling a site with CSS works. First, because it gives you a lot more design freedom, and second, because CSS is really cool! You have so many more options than any page builder can give you if you know how to do a little styling on your own. With that skill, you can make almost any theme work for you.

Hope this helps!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.