Should I migrate my old plugins to wpmudev plugins?

Hi,

I started a membership some days ago and I have been reviewing all of your plugins.

In the past I configured most of my clients sites with plugins for improving performance, my suite of plugins was:
- WP Super Cache - for caching, minification and speeding WordPress in general.
- WP Smush - for image compression.
- Sucuri - for security (scanning files, blacklisting status and hardening).
- WP Simple Firewall - for adding additional security to the login of my site.
- SEO by Yoast - for SEO in general and sitemaps.
- All in one WP Migration - for migration and manual backups.

After installing WPMU dashboard I can see that you have most of the functionality I need covered and I will use it for new sites.

My questions are:
Do you recommend me to migrate my clients old sites to your offering of plugins? why? what are some of the advantages/disadvantages?

How this will affect SEO? (with SEO by Yoast) - I don't use the advanced options, so by changing the plugin, will it just automatically migrate the info? is it better to keep SEO by Yoast on old sites?

Do you have a plugin for advanced forms? (I use contact form 7 but would like something like gravity forms, with drag and drop features).

Thank you for your insight on this
Camilo

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Camilo,

Thank you for choosing WPMU DEV.

As for replacing our plugins:

- WP Super Cache - for caching, minification and speeding WordPress in general.

Don't drop that plugin - Hummingbird works with Cache plugins, because it offers only browser cache.

- WP Smush - for image compression.

This is actually our plugin - with membership in WPMU DEV you get access to its PRO version that doesn't have limits of free version.

- Sucuri - for security (scanning files, blacklisting status and hardening).

I'm not familiar with Sucuri plugin - but it looks like Defender covers scanning files and hardening and also checking if domain is blacklisted. So you can swap them if those are function you are using.

- WP Simple Firewall - for adding additional security to the login of my site.

We don't have plugin that would offer this funcionality, so I suggest you would leave it.

- SEO by Yoast - for SEO in general and sitemaps.

SmartCrawl does almost the same as Yoast when it comes to general SEO and sitemaps.

- All in one WP Migration - for migration and manual backups.

Snapshot was created to do backups for single and Multisite - not really for migration, but many of our members are using it for migrations.
    It works quite well - it offers backups to Dropbox, Amazon S3 and Google Drive - and of course FTP and local copies.

Do you recommend me to migrate my clients old sites to your offering of plugins? why? what are some of the advantages/disadvantages?

Migrating process can take lot of time - there is possibility of plugin conflicts (that happens) - but our plugins are very good so I dont see why you could not switch.
    But I would strongy advise to doing migration on staging sites, not live ones.

How this will affect SEO? (with SEO by Yoast) - I don't use the advanced options, so by changing the plugin, will it just automatically migrate the info? is it better to keep SEO by Yoast on old sites?

No, migration is not automatic - you would need to copy manually all the settings. If site is very big... and setting this again will take much time then SEO can be affected. I would reconsider this - even SmartCrawl is our plugin switching in some cases could be not good idea.

Do you have a plugin for advanced forms? (I use contact form 7 but would like something like gravity forms, with drag and drop features).

No, at this moment we dont have this kind of plugin.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.