Should I think about Multisite?

I just came into a new job at a university. The site is on one install right now, and spans nearly 1,000 pages. There are no user management plugins currently, so every user has access to all content...not good. My first thought is to build a multisite network with each department getting its own site. I've done multisite extensively before, but have never converted such a massive site.

Would you recommend I go multisite or keep everything on one site, but incorporate a user manager plugin? Trying to think of everything involved, SEO, backups, etc.

• Jude

Howdy Josh

Hope you are doing great !!

I think both options work great. Multisite makes for a better organized and modular site in every way at the cost of more work to you. While a user manager plugin is more of a basic necessity.

I've worked in the education vertical in the past and in my experience, the real challenge was getting the users up to speed and willing to accept change. The rest was a breeze compared to my other jobs.

Cool and all the best with your new job. Hope you use the free time better than I did :slight_smile: .

Cheers
    Jude

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.