should i use multisite or pro sites

We are trying to build a site where people can become a member have a blog and socialize, if we only want them to have a blog not a site do we need to activate multi-site and if not how do we deactivate it?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Rick,

I hope you are well today and thanks for your question.

You need multisite :slight_smile:

Multisite allows your users that sign up to also sign up for their own site/blog, without multisite, they would only be a normal subscriber user.

Pro Sites is for charging and limiting the plugins and themes available to sub site admins on your multisite network, i.e, you could have a free level and premium levels on your site.

So it sounds like your all good to go with your current setup :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Rick
    • Flash Drive

Hey Jack, the site i want to build isnt a site builder. i need members to be able to join my buddypress network and givr them a profile page and a blog page, not an entire site. please check out my work on this site so far momworkingfromhome.org thanks for any help,
    I am new to building sites kinda why I joined wpmu dev figured I'd really need you guys, Helping a newb like me with this site for my wife should be a testament to your knowledge and Wpmudev's cliams of being a Gold member being like having my own Wordpress team. I've been a member only a month and have been nothing but amazed at the level of help and knowledge I have already received.

thanks again to everyone,
    Rick Trimm
    Guppy swimming in shark waters

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.