Show 1time per session?

Hi,

Great plugin but I can't figure out a good way to integrate it. It would be just perfect if you could show it only the first time a user visits the site per session.

Now it pops up every time you go to another page. And if you block it after 1view. its not visable anymore the next time you visit the site.

Is there a solution for this?

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

There are a number of setting you can use in this plugin. One of which is:

Shows the popover if the user has only seen it less than the following number of times

Which defines how many times a user sees the pop up. If you take a peek in the pop over admin area you can see the variou options.

I don't think there is currently a way to limit that per session though. (I presume by session you mean per visit? Or do you refer to a session when they are logged in?)

If you are running the plugin in single site mode then you need to make a minor edit as described in the install info:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/the-pop-over-plugin/installation/

For single sites open up popover.php and change:

define('PO_GLOBAL',true);

To

define('PO_GLOBAL',false);

The setting page will then be Site Admin --> Settings --> Pop Over

If you are running the plugin in a multisite install, then it will work by simply network activating it.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks

• chefben
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I've been using the pop over plugin for sometime now I agree with this request. I think it shte key missing feature of the plugin as people dont often come to the site once and click. they might visit the site like 3 times before making a purchase.

Currently if you select to block it after 1 view, it only shows once for ever. If the person comes back to the site, it will not be visible again.

Just like in many popular ad servers, you should be able to limit the impressions by time.

Some good variables could be ;

x impression per session
    x impressions per x hours ( ie 24 hours / 12 hours )
    x impressions per x days
    x impressions per x week
    x impressions per x month

Any chance this can be built into the next version ?

Cheers

Benjamin

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hi chefben.

Thanks for the feedback. As with all plugins here the development team rely on the valuable feedback offered by users. The more support a feature request gets the more likely it will appear in upcoming updates.

Do we have anyone else looking for this?

It would be a +1 from me :slight_smile:

• chefben
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

thats fantastic !

If you are after other ideas for development ....

1. Measure Performance by Month
    The ability to track clicks ( by day & month ) for the how many impressions and how many clicks we displayed. that way you can see if its really effective. Might be good to track how many people press close button too.

2. Flash and Non Flash
    Have HTML code for the Flash and a Non Flash version ( ie if no Flash Player is present it fails back to HTML )

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

The next version is a major re-write with extra hooks and filters to allow extra rules to be added via other plugins and add-ons. Once the new version is out, then it will be a lot easier to add new features without having to make the core of the plugin too bloated.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.