Show a product from MarketPress rather than a course

Hi guys, I am using coursepress to distribute training platform. I also offer a support package where users can get one-on-one help/coaching for $x per month. I have set that support up as another course but it doesn't really work because once you have accessed it once, it says you have completed the course. I was wondering if there is a way I can set it up as a "product" in MarketPress and have it show on the site, which i am using the CoursePress theme. Hope that all makes sense. Steve

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Steve,

First - MarketPress does not allow for subscription type payments. Membership 2 Pro is plugin for that (it supports recurring payments).
    If you don't need recurring payments - but product that your clients will simply purchase month after month, or when they need then you can create product directly in MarketPress.
    Go to Products -> Add new and create it. It will be seen on the Store page - and will be separate from courses.

Let me know if you have more questions.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Nithin

Hi Steve,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I am aware that MembershipPro is the best option but i was under the impression that MembershipPro doesnt play nicely with MarketPlace. Is that still the case?

I suppose you meant MarketPress, instead of MarketPlace. Membership Pro, and MarketPress doesn't have any integration, if I'm not mistaken, what Kasia meant is to make use of Membership Pro plugin instead of MarketPress, so that you create a recurring membership payment system, and get paid for the subscription. What Membership Pro plugin does is protect contents, and you can protect individual posts of a custom post type, or pages according to it.

do you have any idea how I would/could incorporate the Membership option in the list of courses available or similar?

I'm afraid, there isn't any out of the box integration available between both the plugin. What Membership Pro plugin would do is restrict the course content, ie set under Membership Pro > Protection Rules, so that each course, units, and modules are protected, and hence the plugin restricts the ability to signup for a course according to the membership level.

Did you mean you want to display your membership names in each course? Could you please explain further what exact feature you are trying to achieve so that we could check whether it's possible. By default how the plugin would function is that, once a user signs up for a membership, the respective courses will be visible according to the protection rules configured, as described above.

Please advise if I'm missing out anything, so that we could help get this resolved asap. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Steve

Nithin thanks for your message.

I am using coursepress to sell training courses. Obviously MarketPress comes with coursepress. In addition to my courses we have a support subscription which allows clients to access one on one support. This is a fee per month. Now given I already have MarketPress installed through course press I am looking at the beast and easiest solution to handle the support subscription. To me installing membershipPro is overkill. Hope that helps. Steve

• Rupok

Hi Steve,

I am looking at the beast and easiest solution to handle the support subscription. To me, installing membershipPro is overkill

Your setup seems to be solid, nice work. But I'm afraid, as Kasia said above, MarketPress doesn't support recurring payment yet, and you said "it doesn't really work because once you have accessed it once, it says you have completed the course", so CoursePress is also out of the equation for your Support Subscription requirement. And we are left with Membership 2 Pro.

I've searched for you but it seems like you will need to use either Membership 2 Pro or any membership plugin that supports recurring payment and at the same time, protecting content. You can then protect your support pages/materials for your paid users and charge them every month. You said "Membership 2 Pro" will be an overkill, maybe you are right in your setup. But I'm afraid, I don't see any easy alternative for handling recurring payments with content (in this case, your support materials) protection.

I've found this plugin which seems to be an easy one for collecting recurring payments but I'm not sure if it will protect your support materials/pages. And it has only 80+ active installs, so I don't it will be wise to go with this plugin.

If you use Membership 2 Pro, I personally don't think it will be an overkill. It's really easy to use once you get used to the interface of this plugin. If you have any confusion regarding this plugin, or if you are stuck at any point, please ping us. We are always here to help.

Please let us know what you think about this. We will be glad to do if there is anything from our end.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.