show different products on different installations?

Hello and big thanks for developing this great plugin!

I'm no WHMCS user yet but I think that's exactly what I'm looking for. Please let me ask some questions about it playing together with wordpress multisite:

1. If I have two Wordpress multisite installations and one WHMCS installation, would it be possible to show different products from WHMCS in both wpmu installations? For example, if I want to optimize the one installation for domain registrations and blog creating, the other one for a social network with buddypress and blog creating as part of the network. I'll wait until your plugin integrates ProSites, so there could be different user levels sold by WHMCS on this second installation - by WHMCS because the domain registration should be possible, two. It's a question of marketing, to present each product collection bigger, in another order etc. where it fits the best.
I hope you understand what I'm thinking of and talking about.

2. Can I sell products from WHMCS inside of my Wordpress installation, that have nothing to do with this install? Just using my Wordpress theme as a mask without empowering a user registration and so on? I think this is what your other plugin, WHMCS integration is doing, but I'm not quite sure, how the multisite provisioning plugin will act in this way, if it's activated, too?

3. I've seen in your example grafics that you use a subdomain for the WHMCS installation. What would be the best way to handle wpmu and WHMCS: Both on the same domain, WHMCS in a subfolder? Or doesn't this matter in any way?

• Kimberly

Hello Fee!

Welcome to WPMUdev forums!

I've not had a chance to look very much at our new WHMCS plugins, but I think you can probably find alot of information in the Installation and Use instructions.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/whmcs-multisite-provisioning/installation/

I'll see if I can get someone else in to give you some more information with some practical experience perhaps?

Best,

Kimberly

• Arnold

Hi Fee,

1. Yes you can make different WHMCS Server setups for each multisite installation and have separate products for each.

2. The WHMCS Integration lets you run WHMCS inside your Wordpress so whatever you can do in WHMCS you can do through Wordpress.

3. Where WHMCS is doesn't matter except for some cross-domain scripting problems we ran into. For example the Twitter calls are ajax and if the WHMCS is not on the same domain as your Wordpress it won't display. We're working on fixing that.

If you want to use SSL jsut use https: in the url when entering the WHMCS remote site info.

• aecnu

Greetings Fee,

WHMCS is a pretty cool script in itself and the plugins here on WPMU Dev help to bring it into WordPress.

You can put almost anything you want into WHMCS to include product downloads or almost anything else you could imagine.

How our plugins come into play are in two ways:

WHMCS WP Integration - allows things from your WHMCS to be integrated/displayed into your WordPress installation. It will display the products whatever they may be, from WHMCS in your WordPress install and allow access to them. It is a one way street as far as it is only pulling data from WHMCS.

WHMCS MU Provisioning - allows you to actually create sub sites using WHMCS to be added to your Word press install. From my understanding and seeing the way it is setup Pro Sites in not necessary to have for this type of provisioning. This will actually allow/force WHMCS to create sites within WHMCS and controlled by billing etc. from WHMCS.

Now on to your direct questions:

If I have two Wordpress multisite installations and one WHMCS installation, would it be possible to show different products from WHMCS in both wpmu installations?

Great question though I believe it will show all available categories with your WHMCS installation. I would not say that it is not possible to show different products from two different sites, but do not see a way to do it as of this moment though you can certainly just build in way to link to certain categories easily enough.

Can I sell products from WHMCS inside of my Wordpress installation, that have nothing to do with this install?

Absolutely as described above.

Just using my Wordpress theme as a mask without empowering a user registration and so on?

Well they will eventually register with minimum the WHMCS installation during checkout to be able to checkout.

I think this is what your other plugin, WHMCS integration is doing, but I'm not quite sure, how the multisite provisioning plugin will act in this way, if it's activated, too?

WHMCS Integration plugin displays what is in WHMCS in your WordPress installation.

WHMCS Provisioning plugin will create sites managed by WHMCS within your MultiSite installation.

What would be the best way to handle wpmu and WHMCS: Both on the same domain, WHMCS in a subfolder? Or doesn't this matter in any way?

WHMCS installs into a sub folder. I actually run it from a sub folder of my WordPress MultiSite install.

Maybe the domain matters with ssl. If I want to use ssl for the checkout with WHMCS, it should be on the same domain as the wpmu install that is masking it. Hmm, but in this case I'm getting into trouble with my two installs because therefore I need at least two domains.
    May I ask you (all the others in here) if you use SSL?

I am using SSL which covers the MultiSite install on the front end and WHMCS in it's sub folder.

Though I do not force SSL on the front end, it is forced the moment the wonder into the WHMCS section for whatever reason.

It really makes no big difference with WordPress nor WHMCS until you hit the payment and enter sensitive information, which in many cases is handled by the Payment Gateway i.e. PayPal

I also like the fact that both are on SSL and when the WordPress install is provisioning sites that it will also be done in SSL.

Well that appears to have covered all of your questions and some :slight_smile:

Thank you fro being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.