Show excerpt on archive page?

Is it possible to show the archive page for the custom post type as an excerpt rather than the full post?

I don't see where the option would be for that.

http://sylv.ourdemo.org/reviews

Thanks

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Business Web,

Thank you for the URL which is certainly helpful and appreciated.

I visited the site and the first thing came this warning which is related to the 5 second redirect plugin:
    Warning: session_start(): open(/var/lib/php/session/sess_03j5bh1ls9v3esd4fohe36aeu7, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/vhosts/mysticmongoose.com/sub-domains/sylv/wp-content/plugins/5sec-redirect/5sec-redirect.php on line 72

Regarding the title length item, this is normally a restriction of the theme.

In your mention of the titles and telling to look at that post, one observes that there is no other title with such length as this one, and the phenomenon may be for all posts.

Can you confirm that 60/61 characters are indeed the title limit for all posts on your installation?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Ollie
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I've conquered this problem many times, however unfortunately it really is dependent on the function or custom type you are coding.

More than often you can do something like =excerpt or = x amount of character in a title, summary or heading ... etc

Unfortunately due to how custom this gets there is no 1 size fits all code snippet that I am aware of, otherwise I would send it to you.

This will send you in the right direction though.
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/the_excerpt

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Business Web,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.