Show full Summanry of Course in Course dashboard

HI supporter,

How can show full courses summary on course dashboard? It only show limit character ( 30).

Thank you very much.

• Anang
    • New Recruit

Hi @phuongbinh

Hope you have a great day :slight_smile: To change amount chars displayed on overview you can change it at :

/plugins/coursepress/includes/templates/single-course-before-details.php on line 6

echo do_shortcode( '[course_summary length="50"]' );

Change 50 to amount chars you want, and please note to change this value again when you update your plugin :slight_smile:

Let me know if you need anything else :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• phuongbinh
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Anang,

Not it, I talk about it show on dashboard link : /courses-dashboard, not in course…

I see it on student-dashboard.php and shortcode : do_shortcode( ‘[course_random number="3" featured_title="" media_type="image"]‘ )

P/s : Help me using it in child theme, not change anything on original theme.

• Anang
    • New Recruit

Hi @ph@phuongbinh

Sorry for the first miss leading , We can’t change the amount of summary shown with child theme, because it’s written hard code in shortcode in plugin files. If you still want to change it, you can edit

/plugins/coursepress/includes/classes/class.shortcodes.php on line 1742

<?php echo do_shortcode( '[course_summary course_id="' . $course_id . '" length="30"]' ); ?>

Just change the length value to any value you want :slight_smile:

Let me know if you need anything else :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• Anang
    • New Recruit

Hi @phuongbinh

Sorry for that :slight_frown: Maybe you can post to our feedback forum so in the future we have custom length as options in shortcode/settings , if it get some good vote counts, our developer will create the feature :slight_smile:

Let me know if you have any questions else :slight_smile:

Best Regards

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.