Show in user exit attempt not working?

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a pop up that shows on user exit attempt, but it doesn't appear to be working, and it's not clear when it should be.

I have a pop up of fixed size, positioned by Javascript with the close button set as "Never see this message again".

Show Pop Over is set to "Immediately".

The only condition is the Show on user exit attempt condition.

I've cleared cache and cookies and run in all different browsers and in incognito mode and it just won't show up.

What exactly is an "exit attempt" as defined by the plugin. The "Installation & Use Instructions" page, accessed via the Dashboard plugin mentions the mouse 'scrolling away from the page', but it's not clear what that means, and doesn't seem to trigger it either.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @secretlyfamous,

Thank you for your question.

The shows on user exit attemp should display the Pop Up when you move cursor out of the web page you are currently seeing that is when you move your cursor on browser book mark bar, tool bar, location bar, menu bar etc.

Could you please try using different Pop Over loading method from the following path?

Admin area -> Pop Overs -> Settings

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some testing? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings from the following path and reply on this thread after granting it?

Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• secretlyfamous

Thanks Vinod,

I seem to have figured some of it out. It looks like the caching plugin had left something behind, so I just reactivated it and disabled it within the options.

This partially helped, but now I'm having a issue where if I use Page Footer as the loading method, the popup won't load until I try to exit, but the Dark background is still on top of the site (I'm using the Dark Background Fixed style).

Unfortunately I have to use the Page Footer method, as I am using a couple of plugins inside the popup that don't work with the other methods.

So it does appear to be working, except for the dark background still appearing. This seems like a bug to me.

Cheers

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @secretlyfamous,

Thank you for your reply.

I could also reproduce the same issue on my site using latest version of Pop Up plugin and using Dark Background Fixed style, immediately Pop over appearance delays and Page Footer pop over loading method so i have notified this to the plugin developer to fix.

In the meanwhile to fix it you can just edit the following Pop Up plugin file on line number 310 as described below.

popover/popoverincludes/classes/popoverajax.php

Before Editing:
    if(!empty($popover_delay) && $popover_delay != 'immediate') {

After Editing:
    if(!empty($popover_delay) && $popover_delay != 'immediate' || ( class_exists('Popover_Rules_Rule_OnExit') && Popover_Rules_Rule_OnExit::RULE == 'on_exit') ) {

Alternatively if you don't want to edit plugin file then just set "Pop over appearance delays" other than immediately like "after 1 seconds"

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.