Show "Link to original source" value in Screen Options

There is a "Link to original source" option within Autoblog that I've used to link to the original source of the article and it works perfect. I've used some HTML inside the field to wrap the keyword so that it is formatted properly.

Example:
'<span id="source-value">American Spectator</span>'

I would like to be able to pull in the "American Spectator" (or what ever the text is) portion of the tag so that it shows in the post list admin side of wordpress. I was hoping that it could be done through the "Screen Options".

Any thoughts?

• brandworx
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Not exactly what I was looking for but I did find a round about way to accomplish what I'm trying to do. I've just added the feed name as a tag so that I can see them in the posts list and quickly know which post came from which feed.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi brandworx,

Glad to see that you have already found a workaround. The workaround you found seems to be the easiest option. Still you can pull in that tag and show that win your Dashboard post list, but that will require huge amount of advanced custom coding.

Please let us know if you still want that, we will be glad to search and find some resources regarding how you can do that.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• brandworx
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Is there a way to retrieve the %ORIGINALPOSTURL% and use it in my theme. I'm trying to accomplish something like allsides.com where when you click on the post title it takes you to the post on their site but instead it loads the original article in an iframe.

How would I do this?

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello brandworx

Is there a way to retrieve the %ORIGINALPOSTURL% and use it in my theme.

You can't use it in your theme. If you want to show original post url, you can use a custom function. Would you please let me know how do you want to use it in your theme? Exactly where you need that? I will try to find a workaround.

Have a good day!

Cheers
    Ash

• brandworx
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I found a solution by searching through the source code of the plugin for %ORIGINALPOSTURL% to see how they were accessing the information. Found that they are just referencing the meta values of a post so I copied that information over to my theme and it worked like a charm.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.