Show right sidebar below main content on small devices

When viewing my site (https://pmai.us/lifelong-health-and-well-being/) on a smartphone, the right sidebar (#tertiary) shows up on top of the main content, rendening the main content unreadable.

I understand media queries, but how can I have the right sidebar show AFTER the main content and BEFORE the footer (#sidebar).

{Yes, I know the developer made some strange choices in naming these areas. :slight_frown: }

Thanks!
Larry

• Jerry Hepperle
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Kasia, do you have concerns about recommending plugins that were last updated a year ago and only state support to 4.4.7 (which of course may work fine with 4.7.2 but since it wasn't updated since then, the developer hasn't updated supported versions), I am sure as a legendary support person you know the dangers of outdated code and number of threats out there? I ask, because I am trying to learn from you and understand your thought process when it's safe to suggest a plugin, despite it's no longer being maintained so that I can be helpful to the community also.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Jerry Hepperle,

I hope you don't mind me chipping in here. You are right about the last update date. But that plugin currently has more than 300,000 active installs. This is very high count for a plugin. And as these many sites are using this plugin, any vulnerability of this plugin would obviously be reported to anywhere in the Internet. I could not find any vulnerability report for this plugin yet. WPScan Vulnerability Database site is also saying they don't have any report of any vulnerability of this plugin: https://wpvulndb.com/plugins/simple-custom-css

Regarding use case, I've personally used some other custom CSS plugins which are updated regularly, but some of them failed to override some theme CSS declarations which makes them completely useless.

Considering all these and some other factors, we suggest users this plugin. Obviously it's a third party plugin and is not associated with us in any way. But their popularity and usability provides a better experience. And we want our users to have better experience too. That's why we suggest this plugin.

Please let us know if you have any confusion or any further query. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Larry Levenson
    • Recruit

Thank you, Kasia -- this worked perfectly, and I learned something new :slight_smile:

Jerry and Rupok, thanks for the "side conversation." I was interested in that question, too.

As it turns out the easy place to put the custom CSS is the Wordpress > Appearance > Customize> Additional CSS. (with a head copy of the updated CSS to my GDrive, of course!).

Appreciate all of your help,
    Larry

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.