Show thumbnails in popular products list?

Looking for method to show images for popular products list. Ideally would like to show just the images linked to individual product, but even adding the image to the list of links would be an improvement.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Grafics :slight_smile:

+1 on that - I too would like to see graphics in the Popular Products list.

I will be checking this out today myself to see what I can come up with :slight_smile: but the best solution is if not already capable by the theme and MarketPress is to institute it asap.

Joe :slight_smile:

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey Grafics.

Could you please confirm where we are referring to, some clarification would help me better understand what you are trying to achieve.

Not sure if you saw the widget "Product List" But there are options in there to use a thumbnail with the list. You can also choose most purchased aka popular products.

See screenshot for example.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Request is for post thumbnails to be displayed through shortcode.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings :slight_smile:

Great catch Timothy :slight_smile:

However sir, how does this possibly relate to Popular Products and the thumbnails thereof.

Now I admit that I have not gone far enough testing for Popular Products with WPMS and Market Press and I know for a fact that OSCommerce does work to show popular products based on purchases thereof.

Other then listing products to include thumbnails, how does this relate to Popular products?

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey Joe.

Thanks.

However sir, how does this possibly relate to Popular Products and the thumbnails thereof.

Because the widget lets you list by popular products with thumbnails.

I presumed you were listing popular products like in:

http://wp-ecommerce.org/

Down the side there. This can be achieved with the widget.

That appears to me to be the question Grafics is asking. Please clarify if I'm wrong?

Looking for method to show images for popular products list. Ideally would like to show just the images linked to individual product, but even adding the image to the list of links would be an improvement.

Thanks.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Timothy :slight_smile:

no sir I am not saying your wrong for a second :slight_smile:

I guess I am trying to get some clarification :slight_smile:

By using that widget would it truly give popular products based on which criteria for popularity? or just a list of products from within the total products available?

You are of course correct Timothy that Grafics asked "show images for popular products list"

of course then the question could be raised if this "popular products list" itself is of actual "Popular Products" then what is the criteria that determines what "Popular Products" are?

These questions I would not normally ask or think about and just find out when I get there :slight_smile: and deal with it then :slight_smile:

I really do not expect an answer because I will certainly find out through the school of hard knocks ..... lol

However sir, if you know the answer to the criteria that determines the "Popular Products List" if any, then it would be great to know :slight_smile:

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey Joe.

I had alway assumed that "Most Popular" was determined by the amount of purchases. I suppose in theory it could also be by the amount of page views but I wouldn't envisage that within e-commerce.

Certainly in the widget I would choose "Number Of Sales" to show a products popularity.

Would you see this working in a different way? Perhaps more metrics to measure? like purchases+pageviews or something else?

My friends call me Tim :wink:

I changed my name on here as another chap started posted with Tim and it confused me on the front page occasionally. lol

Take care.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Tim :slight_smile:

thank you for your insight to other possibilities sir :slight_smile:

I think the same as you do that they are based on sales.

I did call you Tim in the past on a few occasions, I shall in the present and future, but stopped myself from doing it due to a long time friend of mine who's name is Steven got mad and gets mad if I call him Steve ..... lol

My personal rule is call me what you want - just not late for dinner or pXXXXX ..... lmao

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there! :slight_smile:

Just checking in to see how things are going with this one and if you need any further help. :slight_smile:

We haven't heard from you on this thread for a while, perhaps you got help over email. I'm going to presume your all fixed up now and don't need any further assistance.

However if you have more questions or need some more help then please feel free to respond in this thread or create a new one and we will be more than happy to offer assistance. :slight_smile:

Take care.

• Grafics
    • Flash Drive

Haven't figured this one out yet.
    This is just one of several features that have made using Marketpress for current project impossible. As much as I don't like it, we've had to move back to wp-ecommerce for this project. I have high hopes for Marketpress, but deadlines and client needs won out.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Sure I understand your predicament here. I have my own clients as well, often when they need something like this I do a minor custom development for them. Sometimes though when projects are tight on time it is not always possible.

Your suggestion for this option was passed onto the developer. :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.