show/hide subscription form to un-registered users

hello,

I have 3 member levels:

1. visitors

2. free user (registered)

3. pay user (free user + option)

As you can see my 3rd level is a mix of free user (that is totally free and never expires) and an extra option that makes users able to submit a question by a form (created with CF7).

My purpose is to give users in the 3rd level the ability to submit 5 questions and then drop back to 2nd level (I’m studying how to do that but for now is just a manual drop from admin).

What I’ve done is to protect the form with [level 3] tag: [level3] my form [/level3].

It works but my question is:

how can I hide visitors (1st level) the 3rd level subsciption? I need to show 3rd level subscription button ONLY to 2nd level members and not to 1st..

So the process would be like that:

visitors –> free suser –> pay user (and then back to free user after 5 submissions).

Got it?

thanks

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Currently there is no way to restrict and hide a subscription based on their current subscription and access.

At least not without some custom coding.

Tiered subscriptions could be a feature within a future version, for now I’ll move this over to the feature request forums.

If customising the code isn’t something you can do then you might consider Tweaky:

https://www.tweaky.com/

Take care.

• Emanuele
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

thanks timothy,

I’m considering different ways to do that and searched for something similar to my needs and found this:

Editing the subscribe form functionality so it only shows a specific subscription

could be a good start?

My idea is to give users just 1 subscription option (the 3rd), make the free-user subscription (the 2nd) private and force visitors to register.

So.. if I protect the registration page (can I?) with [level2] tag, can I make visitors to become free-users with GF?

Honestly I don’t know Gravity Forms so what do you think?

thanks

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

It would be a place to start but it might still require some coding to get exactly what you’re looking for. But…..

You could use Formidable Pro or Gravity Forms to create a signup page for WordPress. They are both capable with their premium versions.

Then have membership auto assign subscriptions for free membership.

I suppose then you could look at using URL groups to protect the signup page of Membership.

I’ll be honest, never tried using membership to protect it’s own signup page so I’m not sure if there would be any issues, I don’t see why so worth a try to get what you want.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.