Showing 0 units ready after updating coursepress

Okay I am starting a new thread as it has been over 20 hours and the person who responded to my first thread has not replied. We are trying to get the site updated so we can start new courses and the next term begins in a few days.

I was told to manually update coursepress to see if that would get rid of my problems. but it didn't work...

Okay.. update.. I manually updated coursepress using my FTP .. same problems problems as before.

Also I notice in the preview mode if I click "units" it says "O units in the course currently. Please check back later."

Number beside assessment for my courses has changed from 40 ish to 299. I know there are not 299 assignments/questions for me to mark.

Some teachers have also noted that unpublished draft units have disappeared.

Is there anyway to fix these issues? thanks for your help

• Rupok

Hi Brenda

Hope you had a wonderful day.

it has been over 20 hours and the person who responded to my first thread has not replied

Well, he have a queue of tickets to work with. Sometimes, it takes a day for us to get back to thread depending on how many tickets are coming. So I'll request you to wait a little bit for our Support Staff to reply on your tickets.

I notice in the preview mode if I click "units" it says "O units in the course currently. Please check back later."
    Number beside assessment for my courses has changed from 40 ish to 299. I know there are not 299 assignments/questions for me to mark.

I also updated CoursePress in my test site but I didn't face any issue like this. Do you have any backup of your site in previous state so we could update again and try to find out why this happened? Because, we can help as soon as we can regenerate the issue, but unfortunately I could not regenerate this on my test site. Would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Have a nice day. Cheers!

• Brenda

I have also restored coursepress to the backup copy I had. Hopefully you can regenerate the issue. I have updated coursepress twice. Once automatically.. then was told to restore and do it manually. I had the same results both times. :slight_smile: We had major issues a month ago trying to up date and had to restore to the old version. We left it a the time (there was someone else looking after updates) and waited to try it again as we have no classes for a couple of days. But teachers need access ASAP to start preparing their new courses so we are trying to get this done as quickly as possible and we keep having issues :slight_frown:

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Brenda,

I know we have another thread, but it will be better to keep this in one place. Can you roll back to previous version of the CoursePress so you will not be facing any of those issues on live site - and then create staging copy of your site with downgraded CoursePress and give us access to this copy, so we could update and check why your are facing this issue?
    We would need to do some troubleshooting and doing this on live site could be impossible because it will make difficult to use it.

If you create staging site could you please send in the following via our secure contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ :

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Kasia Swiderska
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

kind regards,
    Kasia