showing only a specific date appointments+

Hi!

I have a new project that gonna use Appointments+ as part of the core offer and right now it can't do what I need to do with it.

I have some services provider that gonna offer a service on irregular basis. For example, I might have a service provider working one day a month to a specific place, and another service provider might work every Mondays at the same place, and every Tuesdays at another place.

I would like to create a webpage for every place my workers are going to offer services, so customers can go to the webpage associated with them to book their appointments for that service provider.

For exemple, I have 15 clients that will book an appointment on example.com/webpageA monday the 8th of december with worker 1. At the same time I will have 12 clients that will book an appointment on example.com/webpageB thuseday the 9th of december with worker2. I know that worker 1 is going to the first place every month, but worker 2 is going to the second place every two week... and on top of this I will have some events that will be happening once a year..

Of course I'd like to link all those online appointments with my workers google agenda..

So, I was thinking of a shortcode that could show only a specific working day on a webpage.
Or maybe settings on the working hours could offer more options on recurring events?

I know it is a bit complicated to explain, I'm sure we gonna understand each other as this tread gets more complete...

Many thanks

Francois

• Patrick

Hi there @François Grenier

I hope you had a great weekend!

Currently, there is no built-in way to display a schedule for only one day.

However, you can use the app_schedule shortcode to display a weekly calendar for only one week by specifying a date in the shortcode:
    [app_schedule worker="1" date="2014-12-01"]

You can then create any number of special pages you may need for those specific cases. See an example here:
    http://appointments.patrickcohen.net/app-demo/

• François Grenier

Yeah I think it work.

Its gonna be a lot of work tho to keep up tho. For exemple, if I have a work day every two weeks in a place, I will have to change the shortcode every two week so that my page update for my custemers.

I know this plugins have a lot of options and its really quite complete yet with all the features, but do you have plans to develop it further?

I have another problem: If one of my worker work to two places in the same week, people will see the two alvilabilities for the same week. If my worker work at compagny A monday and compagny B thuseady, Clients might make a mistake and book an appointment with the wrong schedule.

I thought at creating worker pages for each compagny, instead of actual worker, I will be able to display alvilabilities for their copagnies. I will have to find a way to hide the service provider from the confirmation email and the drop down menu when clients book an appointment.

• Ash

Hello @François Grenier

I hope you are well today.

I know this plugins have a lot of options and its really quite complete yet with all the features, but do you have plans to develop it further?

Yes, of course! As in this thread we are dealing with your issues, what you need to is to create a new thread ask for a feature request :slight_smile:

About the second issue, how's about creating another service provider for another company/location? So, if the provider is A you will create two providers A1 and A2. What do you think?

Cheers
    Ash

• François Grenier

Hi,

One more question here...

Can I integrate more than one service provider calendar on the same google account with more than one calendar using the same api key?

For example, I would like to have 3 services providers accounts on my wordpress site that I would control myself. (I guess I will have to create 3 users out of different email addresses). Then I would link those account to a specific calendar out of my main google calendar account.

So I would be able to share a specific calendar to my service provider when he will have a work day and I would be able to remove this sharing when I don't want my service provider to have access to this calendar account anymore.

I would like to be able to do this from appointments+, but I think I could create 3 google accounts, each with their own calendar integration out of 3 worpdress appointments+ account, all shared to my main google account and from there I could share thoses calendar to specific services providers when they will have a work day...

Complicated

• Sumit Kumar

Hi there @François Grenier,
    I hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

In regards to your queries;

Is there a way to create more than one user out of the same email address in wordpress, or to create services provider in appointments + without linking it to a wordperss account?

Nope, each service provider needs to be a user of that site. But, if you need to have same email address for multiple user, this can be done with some hacks...However it is not recommended (as in case of password lost request, it won't be able to figure out for which user to reset the password ). If you need this done anyhow, then I can provide you codes to write/ place them in your functions.php. Please let me know, I will be following this thread, if you say yes for the code :wink:

Can I integrate more than one service provider calendar on the same google account with more than one calendar using the same api key?

I'm afraid to say, if this could be done. :slight_frown:
    If you notice down the note in settings page, it says:

Note: Each service provider should carry out the below setting steps, if they want to follow their appointments on their own calendars.

Yes, your later process, you mentioned, is good enough to combine/share multiple calendars. Though complicated, but that will solve your work for now :slight_smile:

Hope, I have been able to answer with your queries here.
    Let us know, if we can assist you in anything with your queries :slight_smile:

Warm Regards,
    Sumit

• François Grenier

Hi Sumit,

Thanks for thoses quick answer. I guess the best solution will be for me to create multiple google accounts with each their calendar linked to a central calendar that I will then share to the worker when needed.

This solution work better too since I might have some workers that will change over time and I might have to give access the calendars to somebody else, its gona be easyer to do it from my accounts than dooing it with every single person every time I get a new worker in my team.

In the main time I noticed the exception tab in the appointments + settings. WIth this I think I could set up non-weekly recurring events manually... I think more option on the working hours tab would help a lot people like me who have unregular schedules....

The ability to create users without linking them to a wordpress account would be great too, but I gess its not possible because of the database information writing that is associated with each specific accounts...

• Ash

Hello @François Grenier

I hope you are well today.

Yes, you can do so. There is an action when a confirmation mail is sent.
    do_action( 'app_confirmation_sent', $body, $r, $app_id );
    Where $body is email content, $r is user information and $app_id is the id of the appointment.

Like the following should work:

add_action( 'app_confirmation_sent', 'app_confirmation_sent_cb', 20, 3 );
    fucntion app_confirmation_sent_cb( $body, $r, $app_id ) {
        wp_mail(
            $r->mail,
            'Your Subject',
            'Your email body'
        );
    }

You can add those codes in your functions.php in the theme, if you think your theme won’t be changed. Otherwise mu-plugins is the best solution. To use mu-plugins, go to /wp-content/ and find the folder with name 'mu-plugins'. If there is no folder in that name, then create a folder, name it 'mu-plugins', create a file inside that, give any name you like and paste the code in there. You don't need to activate that plugin. Mu-plugins means must use plugins, so it will be activated automatically always. If you use mu-plugins then add a php start tag at the beginning of the code.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• François Grenier

Hi Ash,

Thanks for this, I think it will help me a lot.

How should I use the $r tag? I should replace it with the service provider's id number?

For 10 users for example, I sould do ?

add_action( 'app_confirmation_sent', 'app_confirmation_sent_cb', 20, 3 );
    fucntion app_confirmation_sent_cb( $body, $r, $app_id ) {
        wp_mail(
            $r->mail,
            'Your Subject',
            'Your email body'
    (service provider 2)$r->mail,
            'Your Subject',
            'Your email body'
    (service provider 3)$r->mail,
            'Your Subject',
            'Your email body'
        );
    }

And the your subject and body should be html emails? The DATE and TIME tag would work?

Thanks

Francois

• Michael Bissett

Hi @François Grenier,

How should I use the $r tag? I should replace it with the service provider's id number?

You wouldn't be replacing the $r tag (as that'd be needed here), but just to be sure that I understand the reason for this, could you elaborate on what you're wanting to accomplish here?

Given this earlier statement:

Is there a way to have two different confirmation email letter send to my clients?

I'm under the impression that when you said "clients", you were referring to those making appointments. What confuses me presently is:

- The replacing of the $r with the service provider's ID
    - The duplicating of the $r-mail function in your latest code example (i.e. the (service provider 2) & (service provider 3) sections)

Could you clarify this for me please? :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.