Side Bar widgets displaying below when should be on right

Hello,

Having a bit of a theme issue here. We installed CoursePress and hired a developer to do some presentation editing of it. However, we instead went with installing a subdomain instance of CoursePress instead. Whatever that person did made the single post display of blog posts display the right sidebar below all the content instead of on the right. Can you help me debug and correct this issue? Also, it used to display the featured image on the single post page below the title and above the content but now it doesnt show the image at all. Please advise at your convenience and thank you for your help.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey Adrian, Michael here! :slight_smile:

On the display of single post pages, this CSS should do the trick:

@media only screen and (min-width: 768px) {
        .single-post .theme-content {
            width: 69%;
            float: left;
        }

.single-post #mk-sidebar {
            float: right;
            padding-top: 30px;
        }
    }

Your theme may have a custom CSS area of it's own (which this code could be inserted into), or alternatively, you could insert it into a plugin like Simple Custom CSS:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

Also, it used to display the featured image on the single post page below the title and above the content but now it doesnt show the image at all.

I see that there's a toggle option mentioned in their documentation, that would allow for disabling the featured image:

https://artbees.net/themes/docs/how-to-create-amazing-blog-using-jupiter/

(it's a bit further down the page, in the "Use images in blog listing" section)

I'd advise checking there, to see if it's enabled.

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Adrian
    • The Crimson Coder

Thank you that seemed to fix the right sidebar issue. I did look in theme options and the featured image button is activated - is there something else possibly you can think of that might be hiding it? Thank you for your help!

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey Adrian, good to hear that the CSS sorted out the sidebar. :slight_smile:

On the featured image, it's not being hidden via CSS when viewing the post itself, that much is certain. Outside of an option in the theme not being enabled, it's possible that the section that would have shown that was somehow removed, via a code edit.

Do you have an unmodified copy of the Jupiter theme? I'd advise backing up the copy you do have now (which is something our Snapshot plugin could help with), and then install a fresh copy of the theme.

If you don't have a copy, I can take my own look at the theme settings, just to be safe (which I'll need Support Access enabled to do), but in the event that there is something missing in the code, you'd need to grab an original copy from the publisher.

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.