Sidebar disappeared on home page

For some reason on my site at HighTechrealm.com the sidebar on my blog homepage has disappeared however on the individual blog posts, the sidebar is showing properly.

I'm not sure if it has to do with my WPMU plugins being out of date - however if so I've been unable to update them because the WPMU Dashboard has been causing the white screen of death so I had to remove it awhile ago.

Thanks in advance for any insights,

Charles

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hey there @Charles

Ooh, I see in your avatar that you have Glass! Color me envious. :slight_smile:

When exactly did the sidebar disappear from the homepage? Was it after a plugin/theme update/install? If so, which plugin/theme?

Or did it occur after upgrading to WP 3.9?

As for the WSOD when activating the WPMU DEV Dashboard, have you tried it again lately? There have been a couple of updates in the last few months, notably a fix for an issue with other 3rd-party plugin updaters.

• Charles
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello Patrick,

Thanks very much for the reply ,greatly appreciated.As far as Glass goes, it's not necessarily my favorite device but that's a whole different discussion lol.

I'm pretty sure that the sidebar disappeared after the WP 3.9 upgrade since most of the plugins I've had remained the same. I also just noticed that the footer also is missing.

I did install the latest WPMU dashboard and that seems to be working now and the plugins are up to date now.

Any assistance with the sidebar/footer is very much appreciated.

Thanks again!

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi @Charles

1. Are you using any of our themes? If yes, which one?
    2. Did you change the front page to static page recently from Settings > Reading?
    3. Do you have any static home page set where you have option to use different page template?

Please let us know.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.