sidebar is frozen, widgets not visible

Hi,
After changing the theme from buddycorporate into buddybusiness, only the text widget in the sidebars of members groups, forums is visable. Then I deleted the text widget but the widgets stays, so the sidebar is -frozen-.
Deleted the theme, downloaded it again, but after activation all handmade texts and colors were there automaticly.

How can I solve this? Kind regards of Anne

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Anne,

Hello and Welcome to WPMUdev forums!

I've heard of similar issues before and sometimes it helps when you move the widgets around, and viewing the page, forcing it to reset by pulling the new widget locations.

Have you made any customizations to the theme before? Were you using a child theme?
    Are you having any trouble changing these as well or just the widget issue?

Best,

Kimberly

• annemar3
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Kimberly, thanks for your quick answer, the problem exists already three month and I tried a lot, also moving and deleting the theme, but the database stored the former version. I did not any customization, I wish I could...

• annemar3
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Kimberly,

Very kind that you take care about it. This afternoon I worked again on it, changed themes and permalink. Set away all the widgets and started again. Then it showed up that the sidebar by buddypress pages did not pick up the widgets. Perhaps I have to go to MIngle. What do you think?

Kind regards of Anne

The website is http://new60.nl

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

So which portion of the sidebar is the "stuck" text that will not go away?

Or did you get it to go away and now you cannot add more?

I just need a bit of context for what I'm looking at on your site :slight_smile:

Are you trying to add widgets to the sidebar on Buddypress pages?

Looking at your page source it seems that the widgets are being loaded just not displayed...
    which widgets do you currently have in the sidebar that are not showing? just for comparison...

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Anne,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• annemar3
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Greeting to you Joe and Kimberly,

You are great with your kind attention, sorry that I did not give a reaction, but I was trying other ways to solve the problem.
    The problem is still there, the buddypress sidebar is frozen. What I want is to leave buddypress (too much steps via groups). In Januar I tried WP Symposium, a very nice plugin, but there was an update problem from the side of my theme. Last week I tried mingle, but I am not sure if all members will come with and I d'not see a -new topic- button.I tried WP Forumpress but did not see the memberlist and the plugin seems rather simular to buddypress. The main point is that I want a user friendly forum accesible by 1 step, just like linkedin.

So there is the question which forum plugin is compatible with the theme Business and second how do I have to act to get no damage in the user list. Do you have a suggestion for a simple forum plugin?

Kind regards of Anne

http://www.new60.nl

• annemar3
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Kimberly, thanks for your suggestion, I just tried the plugin, nearly, but to generate traffic the possibility for -email notification- is important. bbpress is not compatible any more. I'll close this topic, but if you meet a good plugin, make me happy. Kind regards of Anne

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.