Sidebar Location is not working

I have just installed Custom Sidebars Pro and the "Sidebar Location" button is not working. I tried it under a different theme and it worked fine but it is not working under my SevenMag theme. Please help.

• Michelle Shull

Hi Marlene!

Typically, theme conflicts are caused by one of a few things.

1. A theme's shortcodes may share a value with another shortcode, creating errors.
    2. A theme might work outside of the typical way WordPress handles things, like with a drag and drop design tool, or a custom editor, and that can interfere with other plugins that expect default WP behavior.
    3. Script errors.

Your issue sounds like a script error, so I'm going to have you do a quick test, which should be able to tell us if this is a an issue with your theme we can help you fix, or whether it's better left to the theme designer.

Using Chrome, right click on any part of your site's front end. When the pop up appears, select "inspect element." You'll see a console appear in the bottom of your browser window, chock full of information about your site.

Ignore all of that information, except for any red text that appears in the very bottom panel of that console. If any items aren't loading, or things are failing, and these things are script related, we'll see a record here. There may be notices in blue text, as well, you can typically disregard these, they're reminders about web best practices, and they're important and good to know, but not critical, and they won't break your site. Copy any red warnings, and wrap them in code tags (with the < . . > button above).

After that, we should have a better idea of how your theme works.

If you don't mind, and if the script test doesn't reveal anything, would you mind allowing support access so we can see the issue first-hand? If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings from the following path and reply on this thread after granting it?

Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

If you have not installed WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin yet, kindly do that here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/ and then allow access as per the above process.

Thanks, Marlene!

• Tyler Postle

Hey Marlene,

Hope you're doing well today!

Looks like there is a javascript error happening here. Do you mind sending in your FTP and WP login credentials so we can take a closer look at your theme files? :slight_smile:

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Look forward to hearing back Marlene!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.