sidebar widgets

Hi,

I am doing quite well with Gridmarket but wanted to ask how I can change the order of appearance for the widgets that appear in the sidebar by default categories,popular products and the tag cloud.

The reason being is that I have used the product list widget as a featured item widget which I would like to place at the top of the sidebar, I am sure there is an easy answer but I just can't see it at the moment, can't see the wood for the trees I guess.

Many thanks

Dave

• ozbod

Hi Tammie,

thanks for your quick reply, based on your info I have been in and experimented with gridmarket sidebar.php and this is all thats left in there now:

<div id="sidebar">
    <div class="widget">

<?php if ( is_active_sidebar( 'sidebar' ) ) { ?>
    <?php dynamic_sidebar( 'sidebar' ); ?>
    <?php }else{
    ?>
    <h3 class="widgettitle"><?php _e('Meta', TEMPLATE_DOMAIN); ?></h3>
    <div class="widget">
    <?php wp_register(); ?>
    <?php wp_loginout(); ?>
    <?php wp_meta(); ?>
    </div>
    <?php
    } ?>

</div>
    </div>

Now I can drag widgets into the sidbar and control their positioning which is what I wanted.

May I ask do I need to the same in Framearket sidebar.php as well, sorry just a little confused still about how the parent child relationship works, I am thinking that all changes I want to make should be done in the child and leave the parent alone, is that right? And when there is an upgrade to the theme I just upload the parent and not the child, thinking that if I loaded the child at update time I would overwrite my changes, please help me with my thinking on this.

Many thanks

Dave

• ozbod

No we didn't fix it, it would'nt show any sidebar content in IE8 so we went and hacked it again and here is the code that works in IE8 and Firefox:

<div id="sidebar">
    <div class="widget">
    <?php if ( class_exists( 'MarketPress' ) ) {
    ?>

<?php
    }
    ?>
    <?php if ( is_active_sidebar( 'sidebar' ) ) { ?>
    <?php dynamic_sidebar( 'sidebar' ); ?>
    <?php }else{
    ?>
    <h3 class="widgettitle"><?php _e('Meta', TEMPLATE_DOMAIN); ?></h3>
    <div class="widget">
    <?php wp_register(); ?>
    <?php wp_loginout(); ?>
    <?php wp_meta(); ?>
    </div>
    <?php
    } ?>

</div>
    </div>

To see the sidebar on the page please have a look here:

http://www.roughrocks.co.uk/roughrockshop/

Cheers

Dave

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.