Sidebars not working on Avada

I've installed it and applied on a few pages as a test and it does not seem to override default Avada stettings.

• Shane

Hi Adam, thanks for the follow-up,

We have several custom post types and we'd like to have control over what sidebar displays for each. Right now we have a text custom widget area that should display on all Post content, but Avada does not seem to play well. You can see the individual test settings here:

http://bioactivate.com/synbio/wp-admin/widgets.php

Let me know what additional details you may need. I can jump on a goto meeting and chat through if that helps and your allowed to do so.

Shane

• Dimitris

Hey there @Shane,

I hope you're having a beautiful day and don't mind skipping in! :slight_smile:

I just inspected your site a bit, but as I haven't much experience with Avada, I just went along and installed it in my local end with Custom Sidebars Pro of course.
    I can see that the implementation of Avada considering sidebars is pretty straight-forward and let you choose global sidebars through the theme settings (for standard endpoints and their portfolio post-type) and one-by-one for every single post through the backend edit screen, despite of it's origin. For testing, I enabled the Testimonial custom post type that comes with Jetpack and here's my workaround in order to have a different global sidebar for those:

1. in Avada theme options: I activated the Global Sidebar For Blog Posts, assigning one sidebar (Blog Sidebar)
    2. in Widgets admin page: I ticked the "Allow this sidebar to be replaced" option in Blog Sidebar
    3. in Widgets admin page: I created a new Testing Sidebar and edited its "Sidebar location" in order to follow the single & archive testimonials post type

Now I have the Testing Sidebar in all of my single testimonials (the testimonial archives seem that don't support sidebars at all, but that's a matter of templating).

Please inform me if this workaround resolves the issues you're dealing with, and mostly, that doesn't interfere in a bad way with the rest of your work. :slight_smile:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.