Can you signup with facebook and give the user the ability to create a blog at the same time?

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @ivn

Facebook registration is done via the Facebook connect widget. So, the widget can be added to any widget-enabled area in your theme.

If you have a custom template for your registration page, you could widgetize any area you like in that template to use the FB Connect widget.

• ivn
    • The Crimson Coder

@Patrick

If its served up by facebook, how does it know to include the "create a blog" in the form? There must be some sort of customization in the plugin to inject the wordpress MU create site code.

Thanks for your help Patrick!

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @ivn

There is surely a way you can call the registration form from a template. But I've looked through the plugin files and cannot find the function required... it's in there somewhere :slight_smile:

I'll see if the developer can pop in here to point you in the right direction. Hang on...

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

The plugin uses a template file for the registration page, which is located in lib/forms/registration_page.php - if you copy this file over to your theme's root, this is what the plugin will use by default. This way, you can have full control over your Facebook registration form. In the same folder, there's also the file named "registration_page_success.php", which can also be copied to your theme's root folder for customisation.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @ivn

I'm doing a bit of housekeeping by going through some older threads, and I noticed this one is still open.

Just to get it out of our active ticket system, I'm going to mark it resolved.

But if you still need assistance on this issue, please don't hesitate to re-open it by checking the "Mark as not resolved" box below.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.