Signed up for

Hello,

Signed up for a Smush Pro trial after I installed the free version. Now I just can't figure out how/where to activate the Pro features withing the WP admin area. There are buttons everywhere that sais "try Pro for free" but they only take me to the signup form.

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Ulf,

I hope you are well today.

In order to take advantage of the Pro features of Smush, you must uninstall the Free version and install the Pro version.

* To do this, go to Admin -> Plugins and deactivate (do not delete) the free version
    * Login to FTP and navigate to the wp-content/plugins folder and delete the wp-smushit plugin folder.
    * Next, in WPMU DEV Dashboard -> Plugins, search for Smush and install and activate the plugin.

All pro features will be available to you then.

I hope this clarifies a bit.

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris
      • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Juliet,

The instructions provided to Ulf were given on the assumption that the user is running a self-hosted WordPress installation on a standard hosting provider, like SiteGround or WPEngine. These instructions do not apply to WordPress.com hosted websites.

If your site is not on WordPress.com, you will most likely have either FTP access or File Manager access via your web hosting control panel.

If you are having issues after following the steps I've provided above, please start your own ticket by going to https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/forum/support/#question

This will enable us to address your individual issue and provide you will a greater level of support since we can request access to your site on you own thread, while keeping from flooding Ulf with notifications from this thread. :wink:

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.