Signing in for registration to website

Hello,

I am using Membership on my WordPress site and I have the pages protected and all my options picked out and I created a “register” page. My problem is that I can’t get the “sign in” link to work. There is no pop up form and nothing works to sign in. What am I doing wrong? Is there a button or setting I need to select to actually create the sign in function?

• KKosnar
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello,

Thank you for the advice. I have downloaded the recommended widget, inserted it into the registration page and it still isn’t working. When I open the registration page there is no way for me to edit the text so the “Sign In” that is highlighted can be a link to the sign in widget.

Any help you can offer in setting this up would be greatly appreciated. I am so close to having this site finished I could almost do a happy dance.

-Kim

• KKosnar
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello,

If you could help me link our log-in form to your membership plug in I would very much appreciate it.

I am using C Forms and I would like to use that to log into our website and make them a “member” A member is one of our defined groups in your plug in. How do I link these two things?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Kim,

Thank you for you additional input and details.

I do not understand how you worked a widget into the signup form and at this point it is definitely time for me to go over there and see what you have got going on concerning the registration page and the sign in widget.

Can you please post the URL to the site to facilitate checking this out first hand?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Kim,

I am certainly willing to do what it takes to get this issue handled but the time zone thing may keep us in a pinch for live consultation and I am physically in Eastern Europe right now.

However, I visited your site and found the registration page (screen shot below) and nothing is there – meaning no subscriptions – it is basically blank.

Is this your anticipated production registration page?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Kim,

Thank you for the additional clarification but you will indeed need to develop the membership a lot further to get the buttons etc. to appear which means levels, a payment gateway, and subscriptions.

Then we may be able to grab the coding from the button to make the link work but until the other items mentioned above are developed we do not have a chance to make it how you want it.

You can make custom registration forms and the like:

To override any of the pages generated by membership with your own you can easily define the following in your wp-config

MEMBERSHIP_ACCOUNT_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_REGISTRATION_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_SUBSCRIPTION_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_MEMBER_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_UPGRADE_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_RENEW_FORM
    MEMBERSHIP_PAYMENT_FORM

using ('MEMBERSHIP_****_FORM','/full/server/path/to/file/');

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Kim,

Thank you for the update and something is still missing in the back end though I am not sure what, but as you are probably aware the registration page is still the same.

This is indeed still the regular registration page from Membership?

I may have to jump in there off forum to see what is going on.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Kim,

First and foremost never ever post log in information on the forums, Google eats it up and then the world is in your installation.

I removed the password above but still could not get into your WordPress dashboard and presume I have been locked out by someone beating me to it.

I did remove the password the moment I seen the post but still appears to be too late.

Do you still have access to your installation?

If so make me a log in and send the details including a copy of this ticket to aecnu (at) incsub.com and be sure to include a copy of the URL to this ticket in the email:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/signing-in-for-registration-to-website

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• KKosnar
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Yeah I still have access to my login. I changed the password so it should be ok.

I also made you a user on our site with administration rights. Please let me know if you didn’t get the email with the password.

I will also send you an email with the link you requested.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Kim,

Thank you for the ease you have made it to work together on this project i.e. email and log in information.

I was and I am able to log in but unable to access the Membership plugin due to I am not an admin of Membership –> logged into the admin dashboard –> Membership –> Options –> Membership Admins tab

However, we have may indeed been successful but we do not see the change because you are running a caching plugin. Rather then my usual spin that caching should not be necessary on a good host until you have one million + hits a month, I will say that if I HAD to use one I would use what you have picked (WP Super Cache), but for development is terrible to have caching on since it indeed cloaks our changes messing with our heads until the caching is updated.

Please disable the caching plugin, at least during development so we can see the reality of what is going on there and after it is deactivated lets check out that registration page :slight_smile:

Please advise and have a GREAT weekend in any event.

Cheers, Joe

• KKosnar
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Ok, I think we are getting closer to being able to work on this. Thank you very much for your patience.

I have made you an administrator on the Membership plugin. I have also disabled the WP cache plugin. I am ok with not using it. It doesn’t work very well anyway.

Thank you for your help and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Kim,

Thank you for chiming in – I do hope to get to look at this latest tomorrow.

I have two more in front of you and then I should be able to put my eyeball on that installation.

Thank you for your patience as off forum time is of a premium nature, but I hope to be in there soon.

Sincerely, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Kim,

Thank you for your demonstrated kind patience and I am sincerely sorry for the holdup during the holiday season.

This is what I found immediately that their are no levels assigned to subscriptions so therefore no buttons on the registration page.

Did you intend for both levels to be free? Visitor and member?

I have indeed made relatively quick progress and now we need something like the Login Redirect plugin to redirect the user away from the subscribe page once they have logged in or they are basically sitting at an empty page though they are indeed logged in.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• KKosnar
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, we want both levels to be free. We just want to know who is accessing our library and have their information in a database.

I will download the redirect plugin and try to figure that out. If I have problems, I will let you know.

-Kim

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Kim,

Heads up on the redirect issue which is supposed to be fixed in the next release of Membership – I got that in writing here in the forums straight form the lead developer himself.

Have you managed to get the signup process worked out now?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• KKosnar
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Joe,

Ok, so I downloaded the plugin you requested and now when I go to the site to see if the registration works, it isn’t behaving correctly.

When we have someone sign up as a member, we want it to be free, but we want to get their name, company and email address when they sign up. Right now, it has some text about how you have temporarily set it to $1 and it doesn’t request any information. Can we change it to be a free membership but ask for some information from them?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Kim,

Thank you for your additional input here in which I do not quite understand how the plugin I suggested is affecting the registration process since the member or prospective member has not even logged in yet.

The plugin only takes effect AFTER the member has logged in and not before.

Are you testing using two different browsers, and the testing browser has had all cookies and cache deleted?

Regarding the coupon code, I can dig in a bit later to removing this, but normally I try to resolve one item at a time because more often then not fixing one fixes more issues i.e. one issue causes more then one symptom though this is certain to not be the case here but do not want to make any coding adjustments until after we get the current item worked out.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• KKosnar
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Joe,

Ok, so we are getting a little closer. I cleared my browser cache and tried to sign up with a personal email address. I got the form, got a confirmation email and now it says

“Please check the details of your subscription below and click on the relevant button to complete the subscription.”

There isn’t anything below that and I can’t access the page that I want people to sign in for. I want people to be able to see our Library page once they sign in. I can’t see the library.

So I went to the link in the email I was sent (which is a WordPress sign in, I don’t like that at all) and I sign in, I still can’t access the library. It brings me back to the registration page with the same “Please check the details of your subscription below and click on the relevant button to complete the subscription.” message.

On the settings section of your plug in, I have all of the pages selected that a member can see, including the library. So that isn’t the problem.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Kim,

Thank you for the additional input and the first thing we need to do is upgrade your instillation to the recently released version 3.4.2 of the Membership plugin which should eliminate the need for the Login redirect or anything else and the Registration Completed page made in admin dashboard –> Membership –> Options Membership pages.

Please advise and I may need to go back in to get a complete overview of what is going on there and the progress made.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Kim,

Thank you for the additional input and at this point are we just trying to redirect to the library or is there indeed a permissions issue that the end user cannot access the library? Is that what I am to understand at this point?

Please clarify and also I did log into the site tonight and you are correct that the levels look good there.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.