Signing users for a free trial

What I want is simple, but I cannot work it how how to do using the Membership plugin.

This is what I want: to allow people to sign up as Authors, the first month is free, $47 per year after that.

Is this possible, and if it is, how do I go about doing it?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Richard,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

It is possible; however, I would recommend doing it with our Protected Content plugin instead :slight_smile: We have just released it and the trial options are very well integrated.

You will need to activate the trial period add-on then you can set it in the payment options for each membership.

Let me know if you have any further questions here!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Richard

Hi Tyler,

Unfortunately, after testing Protected Content I am no closer to a solution.

As I've mentioned, this is what I need: to allow people to sign up as Authors, the first month is free, $47 per year after that.

To be useful to me, Protected Content would have to have 2 extra features:

1. Ability to sign people up as Authors.
    Unless I am missing something, at present you can sign people up as Subscribers, but not as Contributors, Authors or Editors.

2. Ability to deny people access as Authors after the subscription period has ended.
    Currently, when the subscription ends it is only possible to restrict access to protected pages and posts - which I do not need at all. I need them to stop being Authors.

In other words, people are paying so that they could be Authors while the subscription is valid. When the subscription ends, they're no longer Authors unless they keep the subscription live or renew it.

If you could please add these 2 features to Protected Content, that would be fantastic!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.