signup form error message page is greyed out

Hi,

This is a Buddypress site with extended Profile fiiles. Membership, TOS, Pro SItes plugins are installed. The Scholar theme is being used. All are the latest versions.

When the user submits a signup request with an error, such as an invalid Signup Code the resultin page has the regular headers but the rest of the page is greyed out. Any suggetions as to why this would happen? BTW, if there are no errors, the form works fine.

I turned of TOS and tried the BP default theme, but the problem remains. Also, I'm not sure when this started.

Larry

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya Larry,

Can you try this with no plugins (other than BP of course) and the default BP theme please?

We first need to rule out an issue with BP/theme itself. Then, re-activate plugins one-by-one to see which specific plugin/theme causes the issue.

Thanks,
    Phil

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

It is likely to be a bug in Membership as I'm working through BP issues at the moment, however I'm having difficulty actually picturing the problem you are describing. Could you pop up a screenshot showing what you mean and so I can be sure that I'm covering the issue you have.

Thanks

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

When I submit the Signup registration with errors, the resulting page looks greyed out at the bottom.
    The last part of the page source looks like this:

id="info-wrapper"><div
    id="info-bar"><h2>Say, "Found you on PSY-NET!" when you call a psychotherapist.</h2><div
    class="clear"></div></div></div><div
    id="container-wrapper"><div
    id="container"><div
    id="content"><div
    class="content-page" id="blog-page"><div
    class="content-box-outer"><div
    class="h3-background"><h3>Sign Up</h3></div></div><div
    class="post" id="post-142"><div
    class="content-box-outer"><div
    class="entry">

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

I disabled the "Remove Permalinks Menu Item" after checking that the membership levels are ok.

All my pages and my posts have gone "Not Found". The BuddyPress pages like members and blogs still work.

So I reset my custom permalinks back to the default and my pages are back, but not my posts where I see this message:
    BuddyPress is almost ready. You must update your permalink structure to something other than the default for it to work.

And yes the signup form errors page is back.

II tried resetting my custom permalink structure but that does not get my pages and posts back.

Any suggestions as to what has happened and how to get my pages, posts and cuatom permalink back?

Larry

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

I've enclosed an image snip. The Custom Permalink structure is /%category%/%postname%/.

I'm thinking I need to recreate the posts, but mostly I don't understand the flipping between pages not being found or posts not being found depending on the permalink structures selected.

I have no idea how I got into this delemma.

Thanks for givign this some attention!
    Larry

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Can you pop me up the details of the levels you have set up now? Did you go in each of your levels and click the Update button to make sure they were refreshed for the new version?

The pages and posts rules in the latest version of the plugin use internal URL groups - you can see what they are looking for in the urlgroups table in your database. It sounds like the permalinks that are being generated may not be matching the ones set in your install.

If the refreshing of the levels doesn't work - then can you have a look in that table and let me know what information it is storing for the pages and posts url groups?

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

The links do not work for Visitors, but when I login, the links work. I did not notice this b4, I thought it was related to Total Cache, but that is now diabled.

I updated the membership levels but this made no difference. The only diffrence is a negative page rule for the visitors. When this rule is removed, the links work. When I add a simple negative page rule banning ONE page, the links fail.

Larry

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

The links do not work for Visitors, but when I login, the links work.

If you are logging in as a membership admin user, the the plugin isn't running for you when logged in.

Can you have a look at the url groups table in your database and let me know what it contains?

Also can you let me know what your levels look like now - screenshots of them would be good.

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

Typically, I login as admin using my IE9 browser and test changes in Chrome and Firefox so I can see the results for Visitors.

Now this snip is the working Visitor ruleset, just invert it as a negative ruleset and you can see what fails.

Next, I will look into the tables.....

Larry

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

I upgraded to WP 3.3, Membership 2.1.4, and the latest Pro Sites.

I then tried going back to my Negative Page Rules for Visitors. I no longer have the page link problem.
    However, the negative rules no longer preclude visitors from seeing the restricted pages in the menu. They just get a No Access page when they try to visit the page. Is this now how it is supposed to work?

Larry

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

What *was* happening is that pages with negative rules would be listed on the website menu, but when a visitor clicked on the page it would give them the no access page. I think this was a Total Cache/Browser cache issue. For the time being the behavior is gone.

But I also upgraded to BP 1.5.2 to make things more confusing. I deactivated the Google Library plugin and Total Cache to simplify matters.

My main problem now is that my dashboard no longer allows me to switch between Site Admin and Network Admin via the dropdown in the upper right corner of my dashboard. It just provides links to update my Profile. To get to the newtork admin I go to /wp-admin/network/. A bit awkward.

I'm going to deactivate all my plugisn to see if I can locate a culprit.

Larry

• tishimself
    • Syntax Hero

Hi,

I reduced the size of the avatar to get it out of the way of the menu. The menu provides no link to the network admin.

I removed all plugins and the problem persists, so I suspect it is related to the new 1.5.2 BuddyPress with WP 3.3.

I wonder if anyone else is seeing this.

Larry

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.