signup page for new affiliates

I downloaded the affiliates plugin to be installed. First, how do people interested in becoming an affiliate sign up to an affiliate? Do people just register as they normally would to your site?

• Vaughan

hi @nick_j_roy

thanks for posting on the forum.

A user has to register on the site in the normal way, then they apply to become an affiliate. once approved, they are given a code that they can use to refer people with. or you can provide banners that automatically refer once clicked.

it's pretty much as simple as that.

you can see some instructions info on our own affiliates membership page here

and you can find more usage instructions in the projects usage page here.

hope this helps, if you require any further help, just ask.

thanks.

• nick_j_roy

Ok installed the affiliates plugin to orchidmedspa.com/site which is a test site for a new design that I am working on. I created a dummy user called test. I logged into that account and a link at the top said to enable affiliate links.

So basically, all a user would need to do is simply sign up as a member of the site and click enable affiliate links to become an affiliate.

The only problem is when I log back in as the admin and click on manage affiliates, no affiliates show up unless I type in the username of the user.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.