signup page not working

Hi again
the signup page to register for a blog on my multisite is not workign ie you register but the customer get nothing.

I have SET BLOG DESCRIPTION plugin which does not show on the registration too!

ih""""ubbusiness.co.uk (minus the hyphens).

Also the social icons are above the blog directory layout when they need to be below. Tahnsk for all your previous help.
Sandy

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hi there.

So to be straight in my mind, the user still gets registered or not?

I've just tested this on my sandbox install with no other plugins enabled and it works fine as far as I can see which suggests if it is not working for you then there may well be a conflict.

Have you tried disabling all you other plugins and then testing? If it works then enable one by one and test again until you find the culprit. Also with the growing number of themes that contain functionality it could be the cause the also, so it is advisable you test using something like the twenty elevan theme.

I tested with the latest version of the plugin and WordPress.

Also the social icons are above the blog directory layout when they need to be below.

I'm sorry, I don't follow here

• sandy
    • Flash Drive

The sign up page is not working. The only major things I have done so far is deactivate buddypress because I always assumed it was needed for multisite. When I found it was not needed i deactivated it and then added 'set blog description' 'blogs directory' and 'avatar' plugin.

ps when i deactivated buddypress the signup page changed to this?? and i does not work, register new user...nowt

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

That is the default WP signup page, a little different from the one BuddyPress uses.

Out of interest why did you think BuddyPress was needed? Both are downloaded separately from different sources.

Anyway did you try:

Have you tried disabling all you other plugins and then testing? If it works then enable one by one and test again until you find the culprit. Also with the growing number of themes that contain functionality it could be the cause the also, so it is advisable you test using something like the twenty elevan theme.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hi Sandra.

First of all I thought I would comment on the number of plugins you have installed. I appreciate you may feel a need for so many but keep in mind that the more you use the more complex things can become. You can get plugin conflicts, you need to ensure all are kept up to date. With more plugins comes more potential risk of security vulnerabilities that may never been fixed until its to late.

Minimizing risks is always good, thus fewer is better.

Keep in mind also that the more plugins you use, the slower the website will become because it has more to process, more to carry, potentially more DB queries to make. Thus you could end up with a site which crashes and runs slow often. The only way to fix this is then to get more powerful hardware which brings with it more overheads. Using so many plugins could be the difference between a few pound (£) for hosting to thousands per month, not to mention the hands on care to keep it going.

Sorry to rattle on, but thought I would make these points. :slight_smile:

A post I wrote which you may like to consider:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/workflow-for-setting-up-an-online-service-like-edublogs#post-86111

Anyway, the problem is with the plugin "Theme My Login", disabling the plugin allows people to now create their own websites again.

I'll post this within the forums as well. :slight_smile:

Plugins you have active which are not really needed include:

Enable Multi-Site - You don't require a plugin to do this, just a minor edit to the wp-config.php
    Hello Dolly
    Uber Login Logo - Could be done by simply uploading your logo over the existing WordPress one.

There are others as well, some you could combine by using one plugin rather than two. For example the WPMU Dev Infinite SEO handles both Site map creation for all sites as well as providing SEO features.

Anyway, your site is working now the "Theme My Login" plugin is disabled. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.