Signup Password Error

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_error_message() on a non-object in <path>/html/wp-content/plugins/signup-password/signup-password.php on line 185

I’m using membership on a multisite and I click “Sign up” for a subscription. It works fine if I disable the “Set Password” plugin.

Is there a way to resolve this conflict? Thanks!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya @rohmann,

Can you clarify that you are using our membership plugin as well as the set password plugin?

If so, you shouldn’t need the set password plugin as membership has it’s own registration form.

Regardless, I’ll let the developer know about this error and if I’ve misread what’s happening here let me know and we’ll take another look with ya.

Thanks!

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

I was able to fix this manually.

registration.form.php Line 53:

“do_action( ‘signup_extra_fields’, $errors );”

I wasn’t exactly sure what was causing it so I just commented it out. It could be that $errors isn’t defined properly. If membership is going to completely replace the registration form, calling that actions could cause problems with other plugins as well.

Anyways, now the membership registration form works when Membership is active on a site, and I still have the password field when users register new sites on the network.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya @rohmann,

Anyways, now the membership registration form works when Membership is active on a site, and I still have the password field when users register new sites on the network.

Ahh, gotcha. Hadn’t considered the need for this scenario. Thanks for clarifying and showing your solution. I’ll pass it along to the developer here.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.