Have set up pro sites with three levels, no free blogs (using pay to blog), per the info I've read here. I'm trying to test the blog setup for customers and running into problems.
2. Enter username/email address
3. Click on confirmation link in email
4. Go to confirmation page that includes generated password
5. Login with username and new password
(1) This takes the user to the dashboard, with two choices, the dashboard and the profile. The dashboards consists of links to the WP blog and a section of "Other WP News." Very confusing to a new reader. Is there a way to turn ALL this off and replace with relevant info?
(2) How is a reader to know how to create a SITE, as opposed to just registering an ACCOUNT? (OK, it's not just the reader who is confused. *I* can't tell how/where they setup a site.)
(3) The confirmation email says "After you activate, you will receive *another email* with your login." But the next email (sent from "WordPress") sends the username and remote IP. ??? (This is likely to confuse readers who (a) don't know what that is or what it's for and (b) who think it's the password). Is there a way to turn off that email?
(4) The formatting on the pre-account-setup pages are formatted very strangely. The print is TINY, etc. How to fix?
Thanks for your help.