Signup/registration page is not wrapped in site template

Hi,
for some themes my signup/registration page is not wrapped in site template. The signup page inhherits the background from somewhere but it never shows a menu and doesn't inherit the theme style or logo.

Why standard 20-11 or 20-12 is printing the registration page correctly wrapped in site template and why some another themes display it as external page without template and its style?

I would really appreciate any help with this issue.
Is there some function I should use, so my registration page will be displayed correctly?

Thanks,
Damian

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @time4novelty

No, that can't be fixed with a function I'm afraid... at least, I don't know how :slight_smile:

In the themes that don't play nice, you would need to either add/modify the ID or class of the containing div. Recommended way is to create a child-theme and make your edits there so they don't disappear when you update the theme.

• time4novelty
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi @Patrick,

thanks for the fast response. I'm just wondering, where in the theme is predefined the template for registration page. I have my website almost finished and now my registration page has totally no style, no menu, no logo. I don't want to do extra styling for my registration page, every time I'm building a new MU website.

Would be really nice to find a solution, how registration page can inherit the theme style, so it works the same like with 20-12 theme.

Thanks,
    Damian

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @time4novelty

That would depend on the theme you are using. Can you provide a link to your site so I can take a look?

Also, are you using a plugin for the registration? Our Membership plugin perhaps? Or Directory? Or BuddyPress?

It would help to know what is actually generating the registration page.

• time4novelty
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Ok, I could find out that the wp-signup.php and wp-acivate.php comes from wp core,
    I understand, if the theme or framework is using own custom hooks to generate header and footer , these 2 pages won't be rendered correctly.

Is there a plugin or a solution(tutorial), so I could put a shortcode into page to display signup and activation page? With shortcode solution I could also manage widgets.

I read also another post https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/custom-wp-signupphp-page-such-as-on-edublogs but I didn't found there any clear answer.
    There was also an idea to use Antisplog plugins feature to customize signup page, it works after I copied wp-signup.php from Antisplog plugin and put it into mytheme folder, renamed that to custom-signup.php and add to the file the custom theme hooks for header and footer. Unfortunately it doesn't work for activation page :slight_frown:

It would be very nice to have a solution for this problem.

Best,
    Damian

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.