SImple bullet lists not showing bullets

http://chlaw.ca/firm-partners-associates

the bullet list under ‘Areas of Practice’ is showing up in the editor just fine, but not on the page. Any thoughts?

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi jjsararas,

Buddypress style is being given priority over bp-corporate style. To correct this, add the following to your stylesheet:

body ol, body ul {
    list-style: square inside none;
    }

If you are going to be doing any extent of customization, it’s preferable to activate the child-theme and add your custom stuff to that. This way, you won’t lose any custom stuff when you update the parent theme.

For more on parent/child themes, see:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-and-buddypress-themes/what-are-parent-and-child-themes/

Hope this helps! :o)

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

There’s a bp-default.css file included with the theme for when BP is active on the site. It’s likely just the way the stylesheets are enqueued.

Adding more specific style rules to the theme’s main stylesheet will always override whatever havoc BP wants to wreak :o)

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hey jjsararas,

Like PCwriter mentioned here, the styles are being taken from bp-default.css and I don’t see a reason why bullet points aren’t defined there.

It shows up in the backend because the editor isn’t using your theme stylesheet, but the default WordPress stylesheet for the editor.

I believe this was pointed out before and this should be included along with the theme, will notify the developer :slight_smile:

Let us know if you have more questions. Good luck!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings jjsararas,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• jjsararas
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hey guys,

Sorry I trailed off here.. Client trailed off on me till now!

Another question: it also doesn’t seem to pick up the <h1>,<h2>,<h3>, as I specifiy it in the editor. Do I need to specify more custom css?

Thanks again!

Jeff

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

How do you mean it doesn't seem to pickup the header tags?

The styling on the front end may appear different to the editor. The theme CSS doesn't manipulate that of the TinyMCE.

What are you hoping to achieve with the header tags?

Here are the default classes for those tags:

.post-content h1 {
    margin: 1em 0 0.5em;
    font-size: 2em;
    }
    .post-content h2 {
    margin: 1.2em 0 0.5em;
    font-size: 1.5em;
    }
    .post-content h3 {
    margin: 2em 0px 0.3em;
    padding: 0px;
    font-size: 1.25em;
    }
    .post-content h4 {
    }
    .post-content h5 {
    border-bottom: 1px solid #efefef;
    }
    .post-content h6 {
    margin: 3em 0px 0.3em;
    }

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.