Simple modal login and buddypress.. registration fails

I need some ideas or a solution to a problem I'm having on a site. My theme uses the plugin simple modal login for login, facebook connect and ordinary registration.
Login and facebook connect works perfect. But the ordinary wp/buddypress registration fails.

The registration is wp style with a username and email field - password is generated and send to e-mail.

But buddypress registration is a bit different. Here you have to choose your own password and then active account by clicking link i email.

Could the problem be that the buddypress registration somehow interfere with the modal registration?

Is there a way to completly turn of buddypress registration and only use the wp-login?

Any other ideas to fix this conflict?

The simple modal registration works fine if I deactive buddypress. I'm kinda lost, have working on this for days to fix, but no luck :disappointed:

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

Buddypress is different than a standard WordPress install, so any plugins you use will need to be specifically Buddypress compatible. So you will need to check that the plugin is compatible with Buddypress.

I hope that helps! If you need any further clarification, or if I did not properly answer your question, please don't hesitate to ask.

• mjlb
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Brian

Thx for reply. I knew about compability, and it's my mistake that I wrote something wrong in my thread. The theme uses simple modal login as an integrated part of the template. So it's not something I installed or can deactive :disappointed:

I didn't find this error until my last testings.. so it would be kinda annoying to start all over - or to disable regular registration and only use facebook connect.

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

I'm very sorry to say but since your issue is with some of your custom development and not with a plugin of ours, we can't really offer support for it.

Maybe someone else on the forums can help you out. If you are willing to pay someone to help you with this, you should take a look at the WPMU Job Board or Tweaky.

Again, I'm sorry this isn't something w can help you with.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask. We're happy to help!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.