simple press forum and multi-db

Simple Press forum work with multi-db?

• ChuckS
    • The Crimson Coder

DrMike,

I've seen you around the forums on this topic. So glad you have SPF experience.

I'm creating a new MU site (2.9.1.1) with Multi-db. I just installed SPF to give it a try. The install seems to have gone well. It didn't auto create a couple of folders, but I think that was a permissions issue. It did auto install the tables into the main blog db (wp_1_tablename). Shouldn't I move these table to the global db and add them to my db-config.php file?

Any other issues I should be concerned with in the install and/or in using the plugin with multi-db and MU?

Thanks!
    Chuck S.

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

We don;t run Simple Press in that manner. We run it to put the tables into the blog databases, not the global one.

I don;t recall us having to do anything to get it work in that manner. I believe the tables were created fine in the blog databases.

• ChuckS
    • The Crimson Coder

So, I DO NOT move the tables from blog_1 to global.

Good, I couldn't get them to import. I kept getting this error:

Error
    SQL query:

--
    -- Dumping data for table wp_comments
    --
    INSERT INTO wp_comments ( comment_ID , comment_post_ID , comment_author , comment_author_email , comment_author_url , comment_author_IP , comment_date , comment_date_gmt , comment_content , comment_karma , comment_approved , comment_agent , comment_type , comment_parent , user_id )
    VALUES ( 1, 1, 'Mr WordPress', '', 'http://mydomain.com/', '000.0.0.1', '2009-03-28 19:34:27', '2009-03-28 23:34:27', 'Hi, this is a comment.
    To delete a comment, just log in, and view the posts'' comments, there you will have the option to edit or delete them.', 0, '1', '', '', 0, 0 ) ;

MySQL said:

#1062 - Duplicate entry '1' for key 1

Am I going to have problems backing this out, or can I just delete the tables the import created in global?

Also, so each blog that activates the Simple Press Forum plugin will create its own tables in its own db?

Thanks,
    Chuck S.

• Andrew
    • Champion of Loops

Am I going to have problems backing this out, or can I just delete the tables the import created in global?

Just delete the tables.

Sorry for the confusion. I was under the impression that SimplePress created one set of tables for the entire sire but it seems that I was mistaken.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.