Simple registration Form for PRO SITES

Hi,

I started using PRO SITES and I want to know how can I create a simple registration form. I was reading about Premium Gravity Forms and other complicated stuff. Is there another way to create a very simple registration form?

Thanks.
J

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey J,

Hope you're doing well today!

Is there another way to create a very simple registration form?

It depends, are you wanting them to have the option to pay for a "pro" level right at sign up? In that case, you will need to use the built in Pro Sites registration form as there are a lot of complexities going on in the background to create an upgraded site right away.

However, if you are wanting everyone to sign up for just a free subsite on your network then you can use Gravity Froms and their User Registration add-on(requires a developer license) to create your own custom registration form. Gravity Forms is one of the few form plugins that supports multisite site creation. There may be others now but I'm not sure, if you are considering others then just make sure you contact their developers and ask if it supports site creation in multisite.

With Gravity Forms it is easy to create a multisite registration form though, you can do it all within the Gravity Form builder. Just keep in mind that you won't be able to take payment during sign up.

The complex threads you found talking about using Gravity Forms may have been old threads pre version 3.5 of Pro Sites where we didn't have any registration checkout and some users had some complex customizations to allow payment through Gravity Forms, but that's not necessary(or possible) now that we have the 3.5+ improved registration/checkout.

If you have any further questions on this just let us know.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Jose,

We don't have developer docs covering it right now if that is what you are after? but let me know what you were looking for and I'll call in one of our developers here who can perhaps get you going in the right direction :slight_smile:

Hope you had a good weekend!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Jose,

That is pretty much the signup/checkout that Pro Sites comes with now. Have you selected the "sign up on checkout" option within Pro Sites settings so the Pro Sites form takes over the registration?

It will look something like this afterward:

so just username, email, site url, and site name.

The privacy setting at the bottom can be easily hidden with some CSS if you don't want to give them that option there. Just need to add this to your custom stylesheet:

#privacy .privacy-intro {
      display: none;
    }

If you don't have a custom stylesheet then use this plugin here: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

Then there is a checkout below that if they chose a paid plan, if it's just a free site they choose then there won't be any checkout/payment of course.

Does that work for you?

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
      • CGO

Hey Jaime,

That sounds like it might be a js conflict on your site. Can you try deactivating all other plugins and then check if it still isn't working?

If it's still not then try swapping to the default 2016 theme and see if it does. Essentially we just need to narrow down what plugin or theme is causing the conflict then we can troubleshoot it further.

Once you have done that open a new ticket: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

and include the information from your testing, then we'll be able to figure out what needs to be done to get it working for ya :slight_smile:

Best to open a new ticket as it doesn't relate to the original issue in this one, will be more organized and easier to follow in a new one.

Hope you're having a good weekend!

Cheers,
      Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.