Simple Sitemaps for Multisite Install Error

I just installed and went to network activate the plugin Simple Sitemaps for Multisite and I got this error: Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error. Simple Sitemaps file "sitemap.php" not found. Please move it to /wp-content/ before activating.

Is there a plugin conflict?

I would love to just use your Infinite SEO plugin that has sitemaps with it, but, I've been using SEO Ultimate for over 2 years on this site and if I install your Infinite SEO plugin, 2 years of titles descriptions and keywords disappear from all the network sites, unless you know of a way to imports all the SEO settings between plugins.

Could SEO Ultimate be conflicting with Simple Sitemaps for Multisite?

• PC

Hey there,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

The reason is that the simple sitemaps plugin has a different way of installation which is mentioned here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/sitemaps-and-seo-wordpress-mu-style/#usage

Can you kindly try and follow the steps there and let me know if that works ?

I would love to just use your Infinite SEO plugin that has sitemaps with it, but, I've been using SEO Ultimate for over 2 years on this site and if I install your Infinite SEO plugin, 2 years of titles descriptions and keywords disappear from all the network sites, unless you know of a way to imports all the SEO settings between plugins.

Unfortunately not at the moment, it would wipe off the current title settings etc as there is no option to export it from your current plugin and import it to ours. This is something which I have already sent as a feature suggestion to our lead developer @Vladislav.

I have asked my colleague @Jack Kitterhing to discuss the possibility of something like that in the next developers meeting and see if we can get an import facility in Infinite SEO plugin so that any other SEO plugin which allows the export file, can be changed with our plugin.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.