Fundraising: Rewards for Simple Donations

Is there a way to add different rewards while using the simple donations? For example $5 gets you a postcard and $100 gets you a free ride.

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hello realdude,

Welcome to the Forum!

This is not possible with simple donations at the moment. I hope you are looking at having to have rewards, but no goal amount, right?

I could make this a feature request. Let me know if that is what you are looking for :slight_smile:

• realdude
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Arun, thank you for the quick reply. Yes, please add this to the requests. If I may plead a case and present some reasons for the request.

Like many on this forum, I bought the pro membership for this plugin. It is a great addition to the community. How the monies collected are used is strictly a business and legal decision that must be up to the business owner and their legal council, not the programmer. By placing these restrictions on your clients it seems you, as a company, are assuming certain legal risks that are better left to your clients.

I have worked with indiegogo and what they call “perks” is what I assume you call “rewards”. Here is their definition:

“A perk is something you offer people in exchange for their contribution. Perks give contributors an additional non-monetary incentive to support your campaign. You can add up to 12 perks when you create your campaign.”

My attorney tells me that giving the perk/reward consummates or completes the transaction, which prevents further legal action. You have made an exchange of a product or service at a mutually agreed upon cost.

Further, offering different levels of rewards lets people participate at a level that is most comfortable for them. Plus its a lot more fun.

If there is a way for me to modify the plugin to allow rewards for the simple “transaction” (donation is a complex legal term with many ramifications) it would be greatly appreciated. Like many here, we are under a very short timeline.

Appreciate all your help.

Dan

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hey Dan,

That’s some serious insight. Thanks for sharing.

I have renamed the post to something more detailed and moved it to the feature request section. I have filed in a feature request and notified the dev as well :slight_smile:

Good luck with the project!

• realdude
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello Arun, Appreciate your help on this. My concern was the previous post might have been a little negative while my goal was simply to offer some insight from my experience. Hopefully, it was helpful.

Looking forward to any modifications.

All the best,

Dan

• Cole
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I wouldn’t be able to give an exact timeline on this. I can say that I am working on a new release and I will try my best to include this into it if possible.

I’ll see if I am able to pull out a short workaround for it while I am working on other feature updates.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.