Simpler theme OR Where is the theme builder for Upfront?

Hello,

I like the idea of Upfront a great deal but the 6 "starter" themes are a bit over the top for a project I'm working on. I could go in and hack one of the starters to pieces but I'd much rather have a Builder Option that the end user/client can use easily.

So to that end, is there another catalog of Child Themes for Upfront OR is the Theme Builder for Upfront available? I've seen a few comments from early 2015 about it not being available but no further info.

• Milan

Hello @Delirium Comics,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for the asking. :slight_smile:

Is there another catalog of Child Themes for Upfront

You can know about all supported themes by upfront on this page premium.wpmudev.org/projects/category/themes/. At this moment there isn't any another category for child themes of upfront.

Is the Theme Builder for Upfront available?

I am sorry but currently there isn't any builder for upfront available. But you can surely issue new thread for this feature request under features category.

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya.

• VC Nickels

You can know about all supported themes by upfront on this page premium.wpmudev.org/projects/category/themes/. At this moment there isn't any another category for child themes of upfront.

So, basically I am stuck with your 6 starter themes if I want to use Upfront and hacking them to bits to make what I want as none of them fit what I need or would like. Is that what you're saying?

But you can surely issue new thread for this feature request under features category.

What?

I hope this helps you.

Thank you, but no. It doesn't.

When will the Builder be available?

Why did you all release Upfront with 6 themes that are so heavily styled as to be all but useless to anyone without a lot of editing?

• Milan

Hello again @Delirium Comics,

Upfront editor can only be used with the Upfront child themes, there are currently 6 of them available with more to come. And We will be having a builder plugin that will allow people to build their own themes from scratch and export them for others to use too. Our developers are already working on it. But I can't give you ETA on this dear @Delirium Comics. Developer actually already using the builder internally to build upfront themes. But It'll be a while before it's ready for the release though.

Let me know if you need further help.

Best Regards,
    Milan Savaliya.

• VC Nickels

Given that there is no real way for Subscribers to build a customized Upfront Child theme without hacking through a LOT of heavy CSS perhaps you all should take some emphasis off how useful or cool Upfront is.

I'm sure many have sub'ed because of Upfront, and at 99 bucks a month that's a bit much for something that doesn't really work and isn't complete. You all are a bit overpriced as it is but your plugins are pretty damn cool and, in the right situation, perfect for a group of sites or a small developer. Maybe drop themes all together and keep your focus on what you all shine at, plugins.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.