Simplified Grid Display

Hello,
I can't seem to figure out how to get my grid display of products on my primary domain page (http://makenappycake.com) the same as they display on my store page (http://makenappycake.com/store/products ). Specifically I would like 4 columns of products that just display the title, image, price and add-to-cart button.

As you can see the long description is also displaying and the products display only 3 products and then 1 product in a row.

Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thank you in advance for your help,
Melissa

• Melissa
    • Flash Drive

No, I am not using the 3rd party grid plugin - it is not even installed. I am using your GridMarket theme. To create the primary domain home page I created and saved a page with text and the shortcode [mp_list_products] to get the grid display that is currently there then set that Front page as a static page using the regular Wordpress reading settings.

Is there a different shortcode or an adjustment to that shortcode to make it display without the product description?

Thanks,
    Melissa

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for that clarification. I thought you were using the other shortcode plugin to generate the products listing, but I see that's not the case now.

I'm really not sure why the grid's not displaying properly on the front page though. I'll ask one of the theme developers to have a look at this.

-David

• Melissa
    • Flash Drive

As I explained to David above, I am using your GridMarket theme. To create the primary domain home page I created and saved a page with text and the shortcode [mp_list_products] to get the grid display that is currently there then set that Front page as a static page using the regular Wordpress reading settings.
    Is there a different shortcode or an adjustment to that shortcode to make it display without the product description and with a row of 4 products?

If there is another better way to create a homepage that I can add text to and display a grid view of the products please explain.

Thanks,
    Melissa

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

Grids have their own function in grid market. That's the only way you can get a grid is by using that function there is no short code for it.

Ideally I'd suggest you copy the function in GridMarket and just use that on your front page but it will be limited to the output it generates.

• Melissa
    • Flash Drive

I am sorry, please explain what you mean, copy the function in gridmarket?

Again I am just trying to display the marketpress store page with text on it on the primary domain home page. Is there a different way to achieve this?

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

You can't just put that short code and it works as a grid. The grid styling is a specific function called in that theme. Look at the theme index.php:

<?php framemarket_grid_mp_list_products();?>

That's the function.

Now what you can do to show on front of your site is create a page template out of the index.php file and then set that and show them.

You can't do what you did though.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.