Since 2.7.2.2 plugin only wants to activate theme twentyfifteen

Since I updated to 2.7.2.2 the plugin only wants to activate the theme twentyfifteen. It shouldn't be changing themes at all. The plugin just got unusable and I need a fix as quick as possible since I need to be able to send newsletters as a part of my business. Everything worked before I updated and I haven't done any changes to Wordpress since then. Could you please take a look at this as quick as possible?

• Joakim

Sorry, I cannot give you access since this is a live page and it breaks everything if you activate another theme. Anyway, I figured it out and the updated didn't backup my custom newsletter theme. I reuploaded it (luckily I had a backup of my own) and it is now working. So actually I've got three bugs here:

- Custom newsletter theme did not backup to the upload folder as stated in the description of this plugin, so it disappeared on update but the plugin is still using it as the default theme
      - When a theme is missing it isn't selecting another newsletter theme but redirects to the general theme page and selects twentyfifteen automatically for the whole page stating the other theme was broken
      - The preview is not working. I can create a newsletter but I cannot see the changes instantly.

I hope anything of this makes sense to you :wink:

• Ash

Hello @Joakim

I hope you are well today.

Custom newsletter theme did not backup to the upload folder as stated in the description of this plugin, so it disappeared on update but the plugin is still using it as the default theme

I have just tested the upgrade in my test site and worked fine, it didn't remove the custom theme folder. I think in your case, any other plugin is having conflict.

The preview is not working. I can create a newsletter but I cannot see the changes instantly.

This sounds a js error is produced in the customizer, due to a plugin conflict. If you have any sandbox site (always recommended to have a sandbox site) you can run a plugin conflict. You need to deactivate all plugins except this one and check if you still face the problem. If not, then enable one by one and check which one is causing the problem. You can see the flowchart here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

When a theme is missing it isn't selecting another newsletter theme but redirects to the general theme page and selects twentyfifteen automatically for the whole page stating the other theme was broken

I can confirm this issue, so I am marking this as a bug and letting the developer know about this. Thanks for explaining very well :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.